R breast won't drop. Is this degree of asymmetry/swelling normal? 26 days post mastopexy/BA 397cc silicone submuscular (Photo)

I'm resourceful, informed, & understand this is probably "normal" at this stage of healing; however, I've taken a pic in the same position each day since sx & I've seen no progress. L breast dropped within 2 days of sx. I perform displacement massage 5x/day, wear surgical bra 24/7, & was sent home sans compression strap. I've attached a pre-op pic + frontal view from today & lateral views of L and R. Appt with PS is next week, but I've become a bit impatient and anxious. Thank you!

Is your asymmetry normal?

Thanks for your question!  I would recommend that you discuss this with your PS.  If you were my patient, I would recommend a different/more vigorous massage to the side that isn't dropping as quickly.  Hopefully, in due time, your breasts will become more similar in shape and size.  Good luck!

R breast won't drop. Is this degree of asymmetry/swelling normal? 26 days post mastopexy/BA 397cc silicone submuscular

Thank you for your question.  He seemed very well informed.  I understand you're frustration.

Bear in mind that the most common problem following mastopexy with implants is that the breasts sag far too much postop.  This tells me that the chances are good that the implant will drop further over the next 2-3 months  especially with the amount of breast implant displacement exercises that you are doing.

It is interesting but true that I am always surprised at how much breasts will sag after implants with a lift and this is usually evident by 3-4 months.  There is nothing wrong with asking neurosurgeon for a bandeau to help that breast drop.