What are my options for a more perky look while maintaining ability to breastfeed? (Photos)

I am 24, 5'10" 130lbs, and have breastfed 2 children for 18 months each. I am wondering what options I have for a more perky look without adding too much size, and still having the ability to breastfeed if I ever have anymore children.

Options for perky look to breasts after breastfeeding

HI mwoods123,

One option is to place small breast implants along with a lollipop lift to get a perkier, more youthful look that is not too much larger than your current size. You should have stopped breast feeding for at least 4-6 months so that your surgeon has a true picture of your breasts.

One can never guarantee that you can breast feed after surgery, but most likely you will be able to do this.

You should visit a Board certified plastic surgeon to discuss all your options.

Dr. Christine Rodgers

What are my options for more perky breasts?

Thanks for providing photos.  From these, it appears that you have a nice amount of breast volume and your nipples are high enough that you really don't need a breast lift.  In my opinion, placing a reasonably-sized silicone gel implant beneath the muscle should help replace lost volume, improve your perkiness, and still preserve your ability to breast feed.

I hope that helps and wish you the very best.  Please let us know if we can be of any help.  Would love to work with you!

-Gregory A. Buford MD FACS

Board Certified Plastic Surgery

Published Author/Consultant/Speaker

"Perky breasts" and breast feeding

Thank you for your question!

A breast implant alone will give more superior fullness and often restores the loss of volume at the top of the breast which is often seen after breast feeding.  An implant will give more overall volume and will to a degree lift the breast giving a more "perky" look. 

Based on the photos you are sharing, I would anticipate that an implant alone may give you the needed lift, but a breast lift could be done at the time of the breast implant placement or as a staged procedure later if needed.  
While a risk, usually, breast feeding after surgery is not a problem.   

Your plastic surgeon should be able to discuss this risk and his/her experience with it.   

Breast Augmentation

Hello,A breast augmentation with a modest implant through an inframammary  incision will give you a perkier breast without too much size increase, and will not impair you ability to breast feed. Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation and Breastfeeding.

Hello and thank you for your inquiry, I think
you are a great candidate for breast augmentation and you can definitely
achieve the look that you looking for without affect the ability to breastfeed,
however this could be a very rare complication that you should discuss further
with your board certified plastic surgeon, you can also try different types and
sizes of implants in order to have an idea of the possible results and decide
what you and your surgeon thinks is the best option for you.

Rafael Gottenger, MD

Breast augmentation

Hi and thanks for your question and posted photos. An in person examination is necessary, you should try some sizers to choose the implants volume. Breast feed is completely normal in most cases.Best wishes

Hector Milla, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Options for perkiness

Thank you for your question. Based on the picture you are a good candidate for breast implants. Implants should not effect breast feeding. Please consult with a board certified PS for evaluation and to discuss your goals

Perkier breasts

Dear mwoods123,The angle of your first picture is a little low, so an exam in person would be more helpful. Any breast surgery can potentially effect the ability to breast feed, so if that is a priority for you waiting until you are pretty sure you are finished makes sense.Adding volume may be enough to give you a perkier feel, and it doesn't need to be a lot. The distance between your breast looks broad in your photos so be sure you don't pick an implant that was a narrow base (i.e lower profiles might look better). Although a lift likely isn't required it can be helpful in changing the personality of some breasts if people feel the areola position or proportion is what makes them feel less attractive.I would recommend you try doing imaging of your breasts to see if that achieves the look you are after and then decide on timing.

Stacey Folk, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast enhancement surgery should not interfere with future breast feeding

Theoretically, all breast enhancement procedures should not interfere with breast feeding after the procedure.  Please see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in this type of surgery to obtain the best possible result.Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

What are my options for a more perky look while maintaining ability to breastfeed?

Based on your photo he do not appear to need a breast lift. Breast implants will improve the fullness of your breasts and may project your nipple areola out further.Understand that patients without breast implants have 88% success rate with breast-feeding whereas patients with breast implants only have a 68% success rate and need supplementation with formula to breast feed.  A breast lift or breast augmentation which involves an incision around the areola makes it 5 times more likely that you will need  formula to achieve breast-feeding.