Options for breast augmentation scars? (photos)

I had my BA in Sept 2014 (1 year 10 months ago). Are my scars healing normally? I'm very self conscious about their appearance and wondered what my options are to make them less noticeable (surgery, etc)

Options for scar

Thank you for your question and for your picture. At this point it's unlikely that your scar is going to change in appearance. One option would be to revise the scars. I would recommend sitting down with your plastic surgeon to voice your concerns. Together you can both decide how to proceed. Best of luck.

Options for breast augmentation scars?

Your scars do appear to have widened.  One option would be to revise the scars, but I would only do that if you would commit to silicone gel sheeting, such as Embrace, afterwards.  Embrace releases tension from the incision so that it can heal better.  Good luck!

Options for breast augmentation scars

The best surgical scar is a scar that cannot be seen or noticed. Unfortunately, this is not always the case. There can be technical reasons, genetic reasons and other factors that influence the appearance of your scar. In most cases, scars have finished changing in the first year or two. If your scar is quite prominent or wide, often the best approach is a scar revision. Discuss this with your surgeon, your concerns and the techniques to be utilized to improve the scar. This can often be done under local anesthesia in one's office.

Scars

Scars are all very different, some people scar well, some do not. I tell all of my patients where the scar will be, but never how it will look. Smoking and unhealthy lifestyles can definitely cause poor healing, leading to worse scarring. If you are unhappy with the appearance of the scar go see your surgeon to discuss options for possible revision. Best wishes!

Scars are healed

At one year and ten months, your scars are healed.
They have spread in width.They will not improve with time.An office scar procedure under local anesthesia will narrow the scars as they are revised and re-sutured.Best wishes,Dr. Denkler

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Scar Care?

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your recent surgery. I instruct all of my patients to perform daily scar massage and apply a silicone based scar ointment or tape to their incisions. Biocorneum makes an excellent product. Please ask your board certified plastic surgeon for specific instructions regarding his or her scar management protocol. Hope this helps!