The opening of my drain site is suddenly leaking stuff down my hip quite a bit. Is this normal?

Is this normal? Should I be conceref

It May be Best to Contact your Surgeon about your Drain Site Concern

It is best to call your surgeon and inform she or he of your concern. The sooner, the better. She or he may ask for you to visit their office for an in-person #evaluation. Then the #drain can be cared for. If at any time you have any concern at all about your healing process, it is highly suggested to contact your surgeon to avoid a future infection or impact on your final results.

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Drain site

This is a situation that needs to be discussed with your surgeon.  It is not clear from your post if the drain has been removed or if it is still in place.  Contact your surgeon for advice on how to proceed.

Camille Cash, MD

Leaking rom drin site after liposuction

Hi denverheather,

You should call your surgeon to let him /her know what is going on. Sometimes blood that has been there for awhile can change into a yellow fluid and can drain out. It may not mean too much, but you should definitely let your doctor know so that he/she can properly evaluate you.

Dr. Christine Rodgers

Leaking after lipo

Heather we do not have enough info to give you even a guess. Call your Doc and he will guide you through your recovery.

Max Gouverne, MD
Corpus Christi Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction drainage

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.'

Unless you had your liposuction in the past 24 hours, this is not normal. Please contact your surgeon's office for advice on what to do and when to be seen.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Draining Incision

Hi! I would contact your surgeon's office and let them know what is going on. Don't be afraid to commuicate with your surgeon. They may want to see you in the office. Good luck to you.

Drainage after TT

Thanks for your question. You will definitely want to let your surgeon know this ASAP. This can occur after the drain is removed sometimes. You just want to ensure that the fluid is not accumulating under the skin flaps. Compression is sometimes useful in this situation to promote the tissue flaps to adhere to one another. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon