Do I need to be a nurse to legal inject botox and fillers?

Botox

Every states has different requirements. To be sure, check with your states medical board requirements.

Who can inject Botox

Thank you for your question.  This is a state dependent question and best checked with your state medical board.  Another good source of info is AmSpa as they have detailed, state by state guidelines rendered by an attorney who specializes on state statutes as it pertains to aesthetic medicine. State by state statutes are often very unclear and difficult to decipher so I advise to tread lightly unless advised by an attorney and the state medical board. Good luck.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Who can inject Botox

The ability to inject Botox varies by state. It is best to check with your state medical board to determine which type of practitioner is able to inject.  In the state of Maryland, Botox has to be injected by a physician, nurse practitioner or physician assistant.

Jennifer Parker Porter, MD, FACS
Bethesda Facial Plastic Surgeon

Legally inject botox and fillers

The answer to this question depends on your own states regulations.
In Florida, one needs to be a registered nurse practitioner or Physician assistant to perform these treatments.

Check with your state board for further clarification.

Hope this was helpful.

Adam Scheiner, MD
Tampa Oculoplastic Surgeon

You can check with your state medical board for non-physician injector requirements.  RN, PA, NP would be the basic requirements most likely with some degree of in place protocols or MD supervision.

Nurse injectors for Botox

Most states require a supervision by a licensed physician for a nurse to inject Botox. Please check your state regulations. 

Thank you for your question.  Though rules vary by state, you must be either a medical professional or a nursing professional under the supervision of a medical professional to perform injections.  Hope this helps. 

Botox Injections and RNs Versus MDs

In some states RNs can inject fillers and botox with an MD supervisor.  I suggest you go to a well trained physician that is board certified.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Nurse injecting Botox

Botox and fillers are prescriptive medical products and should only be injected by a doctor or a nurse under direct supervision of a doctor. Cosmetic injections are not an art, they are a craft. The end result is not subjective, it is objective as we can all recognize what is a good result and what is a bad result. It also requires years of training and mastering of techniques as with craft vs. art.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox injection

This depends on your state.  Finding an official answer can sometimes be diificult.  Assess current practices in your state then call corresponding boards for guidance.

Carlos Ayala, MD, FACS
Mcallen Facial Plastic Surgeon