Is it normal to still have the same size belly after SmartLipo?

I'm 27 year old female and I had smartlipo 3 days ago on my lower and upper abdomen and wait. It's very discouraging to see that my belly is just as big as it was before the procedure. In fact I can't see a difference at ALL. I understand that there will be swelling after procedure, but wouldn't there be some kind of difference? I'm concerned that I wasted all this money for no results. Is this normal?! Please help!

Thank you for your question. After smart lipo it is common to have swelling at this stage and sometimes it look even bigger than before. You need to give some time and continue to wear the garment and follow instructions from your physician. You see the difference in the coming several weeks.

It can often take 2 months before you see a difference

it can take 2 weeks to 2 months just to start to see the difference and you will continue to improve for 6 months. 
if you want to get the best results possible, you should consider modifying your diet and increasing your exercise. 

Smartlipo is a great tool but it is not instantaneous like a BA. you need to be much more patient and do not expect it to be near perfect. If you are realistic in your expectations, you should be very pleased with your results.

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. I suggest that you remain patient as you are early in your recovery and consult with the board certified facial plastic surgeon who performed your procedure. In the future, please consider SculpSure, a laser treatment that melts up to 25% of your unwanted belly and flank fat in 25-minutes.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

At 3 days post SmartLipo it is very common to still have swelling. It may take several months for you to see your new, final contour. Over the next few weeks you will start to see contour changes. Continuing to wear your compression garment will help in reducing swelling. Also follow your surgeon's post procedure instructions to achieve optimal results. If you have any concerns discuss them with your surgeon.

Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Velashape or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

Results take months to see/appreciate, especially if you did not have a hi definition procedure. I suggest you see an expert and follow your post operative protocol which should include massage and RF treatments at this time. Best, Dr. Emer