What are some tips for traveling by train long distance, 10 days after a bbl?

I have to travel back home after the holidays and because flying is dangerous so soon after surgery I'm contemplating taking the train. The ride will be over a day altogether. I'm wondering what tips there are. Am I able to sit for short periods of time on a special seat of some sort? I'm assuming I would be able to stand up and walk around easier than I would on a plane as well. Thank you!

Traveling after BBL

Be sure your doctor knows about your plans so he/she can make some recommendations. For my patients, I would have them lie on their side as much as possible. Occasionally, I'll have them sit on a circular cushion that avoids putting pressure on the area of fat grafting. Getting up to walk frequently and drinking plenty of water on your ride should be done, too.

Dr. Blagg

Austin, TX

Traveling after surgery

Best to review post-op instructions with your surgeon. I tell patients that they should stay well hydrated and get up a lot and move around to maintain good blood flow in the legs.