Labiaplasty, is this normal? (photo)

I am on day 3 of healing from the labia plasty, I am swollen and purple. But as each day has gone by the vagina is more purple and more swollen? Does this look like a healthy swollen? Just want to make sure everything is alright.

Bruising and swelling is a normal part of the healing process.  make sure that you see your surgeon for a post operative exam to make sure that you are healing properly.  Be sure to choose a Board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in Labiaplasty. This is an important fact to remember when choosing a surgeon

Labiaplasty 3 days post op

thanks of sharing and sending the photo.  Hematoma or blood collections can occur whether the technique utilized  was a wedge resection or a linear resection.  Though it is impossible to completely tell there appears to be a split of the suture line.   There is a moderate chance your incision may not heal well  There is nothing your surgeon can do with you or the hematoma at this time as It has stopped bleeding.  You just need to attempt to sit back and let it heal and make an appointment with your surgeon.  The body is an amazing machine and often it can heal on its own without our help.  Hoping for the very best in your healing.

John R Miklos MD

Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai

Labiaplasty, is this normal?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph and congratulations on your surgery.  You picture demonstrates a greater amount of bruising than normally expected with surgery, with moderate tissue swelling overall. Luckily it does not appear that your sutures are strained.  Bruising can worsen in the first few days after a procedure and I would alert your surgeon to your symptoms as they should follow you along closely to ensure that you go on to heal without issue. Best wishes.

What's up with your two-tone wedge labiaplasty result?

Blood is trapped beneath the skin on the posterior half of the labia and along the clitoral region to a lesser degree. See your surgeon. If the swelling worsens, your scars may separate as wedge labiaplasty scars are inherently weak. This is not healthy and not normal.