I want my nose smaller; so what would be the best way to do this? (Photos)

I know I'm in need of a rhinoplasty but i need to know what exactly could help me getting a better nose. I enjoy the shape just would like it not so pointy and more narrow... Also my nostrils bother me

Rhinoplasty options

You are a beautiful young lady.  A goal of a rhinoplasty would be to improve the shape of your nose to help it fit your face.   The nose is composed of cartilage and bone.  The cartilage in the tip of nose would need to be shortened to bring the nose in closer to the face and slightly down.  The bridge of the nose is composes of both bone and cartilage and this would need to be taken down slightly.  The tip could be refined using a combination of grafting and suturing techniques.  A consultation with imaging morphing would be very helpful to communicate these changes.

Rhinoplasty

You need to be seen in person to be properly evaluated.  Base upon your exam and your goals, a surgical plan can be developed.

I want my nose smaller; so what would be the best way to do this?

Greetings

Thank you for your question and photo. 

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty so that they can perform a nasal examination on you and give you the best recommendations. From what I can tell from your photographs, you may benefit from a tip rhinoplasty and a reduction in your nasal projection, which includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing along with an alarplasty which is the technique that is commonly used for nostril reduction. This procedure consists of making an incision on the inside or outside of the nostrils then removing a specific amount of tissue. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from a nasal tip de-projection to make the overall size of your nose smaller.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Close rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Reduction rhinoplasty with a straight side profile

Hi there. Thanks for the post. I would favour an open rhinoplasty to maximise control of the final outcome - this would allow a reduction in the height of the nose and tip refinement. As already mentioned, careful attention will have to be paid to the projection of the tip to prevent excess lift. Good luck! 

Refinement of nasal shape with rhinoplasty

You can certainly refine your nasal shape with a rhinoplasty, including narrowing the tip.  You have quite a bit of tip rotation already so be sure to see an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who can assure that your nasal tip will not become over-rotated.

Mark Beaty, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon