Do I have hematoma or an infection? (Photo)

Do I have hematoma? I am 10 days post-op, 400cc right breast, 375cc left breast, silicon implants (high profile), dual-plane, through armpit. I am 5'2" and weigh 110lbs. Today, my left breast is very uncomfortable and swollen, my nipples hurt and my left incision is very painful and appear reddish/pink. Can you please let me know if they are looking normal or not?

Do I have hematoma or an infection after breast implant surgery?

Thank you for your question.  The incision looks very red and inflamed.  You should be examined by her plastic surgeon your and not rely on Internet advice.

On frontal view your result looks quite good.  If you had a hematoma I would expect your breast to be very swollen, feel incredibly tight and painful.  However the only way to see what is going on is to be examined by your surgeon.

Left breast is swollen and tender 10 days after surgery

Thanks for the question.  I wish that I could tell you what is the specific reason that your left breast is more swollen than the right and the incision is now red and swollen, but without a proper examination this would be difficult to tell about.  In either case, however, your best opportunity to have this answered would not to  only be guided and directed by  my colleagues on line, but rather call up and see the operating Plastic Surgeon as soon as possible.  Either condition should be treated very soon if they exist.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Do I have hematoma or an infection?

Thank you for your question. From your pictures I can not tell about hematoma or infection. I recommend you to see your PS for evaluation.

Do I have hematoma or an infection?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and I am sorry to hear of your symptoms. Though your pictures are not definite for a hematoma or infection it would be wise to reach out to your surgeon to voice your concerns as it is easier to deal with an issue before it becomes a problem.  Your incision appears a little red but this may be normal healing as your body reacts to dissolving sutures, while your left breast only appears a bit swollen, which is not uncommon 10 days after surgery.  Hope this helps.

Are my breasts okay

After a transaxillary approach it is not uncommon to experience the symptoms you are describing. Everything really looks okay and the implants will start to drop soon. We usually have the patients do displacement exercises starting the day after surgery. Your surgeon can discuss with you whether or not that would be helpful in your case. Be patient and things will get better. 

Grady B. Core, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Implant issues

It is very difficult to tell from a photos why you are experiencing your symptoms. You are best to see your surgeon for evaluation.