Should I be concerned about long hard lumps after lipo?

This morning I noticed a couple of areas on my left side that feel hard and thick like scar tissue. The one on my hip feels harder/thicker and longer. I'm 1 week post op...tummy tuck, lips and breast lift. I'm hoping they'll break up in time or something can be done about them. Am I panicking? What could it be? Everything else is looking and feeling so good. I don't want to be lumpy forever. I see my Dr on Tuesday but I need to know what these are ASAP. I'm freaking out. Thank you!

#Tummytuck #plasticsurgery #liposuction

Hi bug77, Thank you so much for your excellent question!  Without the benefit of an in person exam it's impossible to say for sure. Your concerns are important to discuss directly with your board certified plastic surgeon.  He or she will appreciate the open communication and will want to help you. If you seek out a second opinion look for the following:  *Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery -- The gold star symbol  *A member of the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) -- The circle symbol   *A member of the ASAPS (American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) -- the Queen Nefertitti symbol with a triangle. Feel free to contact our office, it would be our pleasure to answer your questions in person.  My very best to you, Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS  Care Plastic Surgery  

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Mommy make-over with liposuction - hard lumps on one side

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over healing.

• There is no need to panic.
  • These lumps are common after liposuction, especially on the sides of the body
  • They will usuall subside - occassionally if they hurt, a dilute steroid injection helps.
  • So point them out to your surgeon and give yourself time to heal.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Lumps after lipo

It is not uncommon to have some lumps after liposuction. This is often related to swelling and in m any instances go aways as the swelling subsides. Always good to show your surgeon and discuss with him.

Lumps/Swelling After Liposuction -- Try Massage, Exilis Ultra/Cellutone or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

You should be getting lymphatic massage, hyperbaric oxygen and RF treatments with your compression at this time.  This will help improve any swelling.  If the fluid continues to increase, please contact your dr.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Should I be concerned about long hard lumps after lipo

From time to time, some patients experience firm areas due to swelling. Massage can be a great option to hasten the resolution of this problem. The good news is that these problems go away in almost all cases. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon at your postop visit.

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your procedure!  It is not uncommon to have some firmness to the areas liposuctioned in the first few months after the procedure.  Whether due to the compression garment, asymmetrical swelling, or resolving fat removal these lumps tend to dissipate spontaneously with time.  Hope this helps.

Lumps after Liposuction

I can allay your fears in telling you that it is very common to have firm areas and/or a lumpy feeling this short after like the suction. This can represent both fluid and/or blood collections as well as areas of fat that have been separated from their blood supply and will no longer survive. We recommend to our patients that a gentle massage starting at about two weeks post operatively, when it's more comfortable, is very helpful in ameliorating the situation. Best of luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS