Lose a bit of weight before Brazilian butt lift (Photo)

I am 19 years old, and weigh 267 lbs. My upper body is bigger than my lower body. I want it to be the opposite, have a round butt and not get a complete flat on my stomach, but get most of the fat gone. My question is if lypo would be recommended first because I am completely over weight or do both at the same time? Also, around how much would this cost?

Liposuction and Brazilian Butt Lift

It is advisable to be within 20 lbs of your goal weight before considering liposuction. Liposuction is better as a contouring procedure rather than for weight loss. I would then recomment liposuction and fat grafting of the buttocks "Brazilian Butt Lift". Seek a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who specializes in cosmetic plastic surgery, as evidenced by membership in The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. Ask to see many pre and post op photos and speak with previous patients. 

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question. For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you go to The American Society of Plastic Surgery website and look for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Liposuction and Brazilian Butt Lift

Lose a bit if weight before your procedure?Yes!While liposuction is performed to harvest fat for the Brazilian butt lift, liposuction is not a weight loss procedure.Continue to diet and exercise to get closer to your sustainable weight. Your results from surgery will be better and risk of complications will be less if you get closer to an ideal weight before surgery.Brazilian Butt Lift costs range approximately $5000-$8000, but can be more than $12,000, if multiple areas of liposuction are performed.

Paul C. Zwiebel, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon