How long on average would I need to take off work for breast lift with augmentation and tummy tuck? (photos)

Do I need liposuction as well? Do you think i am a good candidate for these procedures? I work in a hospital working essentially 12 hours walking, 3 days a week. No lifting though. Married mother of 3 ages 13, 9 and 4. No more children.

2-3 weeks off work with a modified schedule for 6 weeks

Hi mommeee23 thank you for your question. 

For a breast lift with augmentation and a tummy tuck procedure, my recommendation would be to take off two to three weeks from work with a modified schedule when you return. There will be days were you feel more fatigued and need to take a easy.

From viewing your photos, it looks like you are a good candidate for these procedures, as well as liposuction if desired. It is best to schedule an in-person consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon and you two can discuss what your best options are to meet your individual goals.

Hope this helps.

Nick Slenkovich, MD FACS

Time off for "Mommeee Makeover" . . .

Hi Mommeee - first of all, you are a very good candidate for the procedures you mentioned (with liposuction not necessarily necessary), but you would need a formal (anchor-pattern) breast lift.  Recovery from this is not especially painful (assuming you don't put in large implants; with an aggressive breast lift - and flattening of your tummy - you might not need them, and their associated risks, at all . . . )  

The element that will slow you down the most of course is the "tummy tuck", particularly the muscle-tightening (especially with the "diastasis recti deformity - or muscle stretching - you have, but this can be effectively treated with aggressive deep suturing techniques).  Most people are off narcotics in a week or so, however, and ibuprofen (+/- valium if spasms) can be very effective.  We also sometimes use an optiontal long-lasting injectable anesthetic that controls pain for several days.  For many people, at 1-2 weeks it's often not the pain that slows people down as much as energy issues . . . 

I agree with most other answers that you would need at least 2 weeks off work (and some help at home during that time) if your occupation is above and beyond a desk job, and that significant lifting/core activities should not be undertaken before 4-6 weeks minimum (at which point healing is more reliable).  Swelling may take several months overall to resolve, however, especially if you try to return to fuller activities too early, and scarring can take 6-12 months to fully mature.  The good news is you're an excellent candidate for the procedures discussed (in the right hands), but definitely give yourself adequate time to recover to optimize your results . . . hope it goes well!                              i

Returning to Work and Activity Post Mommy Makeover

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.   

Healing after a  #tummytuck will require time. Some patients are out of bed and walking the night of surgery and every hour while awake. I allow my patients to return to work at one to two weeks with 14 days preferred.  However, no lifting or straining.  At three weeks, increased level of activity and full with no restrictions, at 6 weeks. 
As I advise my patients, if your work keeps you sedentary, you may return whenever you feel up to it. If your work is strenuous, wait until your work activity does not cause any superficial pain. 
Some employers will modify a person’s job duties so they can back sooner, but without physical activity. Our office can provide our patients with a note stating they are not to engage in strenuous activity for a specified period of time. The note will not disclose what procedure they have underwent. Therefore, you may have to request a similar note from your surgeon if you are not independently employed. I recommend avoiding heavy lifting and strenuous #activity for six weeks following your surgery. With that said, it may help you plan your return to work accordingly.

As for heavy lifting and other #strenuous #activities, it should be avoided for until you have clearance from your surgeon. You may, however, do normal activities at any time if they cause no pain or #discomfort. Let your body tell you what you can or cannot do. Aerobic exercise will raise your blood pressure, which could cause late bleeding and harm your result. Once you begin exercising again, start gently and let your body tell you what it can tolerate. Don’t rush!!  If you have concerns about your healing, or pain that you question to be unusual, it is important to call your plastic surgeon to discuss these further asked to be examined.

How long on average would I need to take off work for breast lift with augmentation and tummy tuck

Thank you for submitting your question.  Desk job, you may want to take 1.5-2 weeks off work.  Manual job, you will need to make a full 5-6 weeks off.  The amount of time ypur up walking in ypur job, I would safety recommend you consider taking off a minimum of 2-3 weeks.  Choose a board Certified Plastic Surgeon. best Wishes.

Resuming work after a mommy makeover.

Most patients can resume a basic desk job in 7 to 10 days after mommy makeover. Your particular situation might require a bit more convalescence since a sizable amount of walking is part of the job.

Mommy Makeover

It is my pleasure to answer your question. Usually i recommend 14 to 21 days recovery for that type of surgeries. You are candidate for liposuction, tummy tuck and breast lift with implants.

Aramis Vega, MD

Time off from work.

Hi.  Apart from messing up your abdominal tattoo, you are a good candidate for these procedures, assuming in are in good health and don't smoke.

Most people who have a desk job take 2 weeks off after TT or MM.m  Longer with physical jobs.  Can you do a lighter schedule when you return to work?

Most patients tell me they feel like their energy has returned after 4 weeks.

How much time to take off from work after tummy tuck and breast augmentation?

Based on your photos, you do appear to be a good candidate for a tummy tuck and breast lift. The tummy tuck includes removing excess fatty tissue so you shouldn’t need additional liposuction in the same area that the tummy tuck is addressing.

Time off work is an important consideration after surgery. Too much activity early in your recovery can lead to healing issues and could affect your long term outcome. I recommend patients undergoing similar procedures take 2-3 weeks off after surgery and stay home to rest and recover. After this, I recommend light activity up to 6 weeks after surgery. You stated your job doesn’t require any lifting, so you may be able to return in 2-3 weeks. Consult with your board certified plastic surgeon for their specific recovery recommendations. They will be the best doctor to answer this for you. Best of luck!

How long would you need to take off work for multiple procedures including a tummy tuck, breast lift and breast augmentation?

Based on your photos, I think you are a very good candidate for a tummy tuck, breast lift and augmentation.  I do think you might benefit from liposuction to the posterior hips, but I think you will have a nice result without it as well.  However, a little contour to that area will really bring your waist in and give you a better hour glass shape.  I recommend that my tummy tuck patients plan on taking 10-14 days off from work.  Because you are on your feet for 12 hours, I might recommend an extra week for you.  Each plastic surgeon is different, so make sure you listen to the advice of your board-certified plastic surgeon.  Best of luck!

Time off work

To return to a desk job, 7-10 days is generally doable. For you to be up on your feet and using your arms all day I would suggest at least 2-3 weeks. You want to avoid doing anything that engages use of your core muscles for 6 weeks and lifting anything heavy may cause this. Be sure to speak to your surgeon about his post operative recommendations. Don't rush back to work. Your body needs time to recover after a big surgery like you are having. Best wishes, Dean Vistnes.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon