Will this go away? I literally just got Juvederm (Photo)

Will this go away? I literally just got Juvederm to fill in this crease from corner of my lip on down. Also on the other side but it feels fine. Is this going to go away?!?! It is so hard. Dr says to give it a month to settle in??? If that is true then why the other side came out fine?

Immediately after juvederm

You might also want to press the area flat against your lower teeth and chin to flatten the ridge out. You will see this change significantly over the next few weeks and if it is still too prominent it can be reduced or dissolved with vitrase. Most faces have a fair amount of asymmetry and can need different amounts of filler or respond a little differently.
I typically am not happy with the filler I get for the first week or two because of the firmness, which resolves pretty quickly and blends for a more natural appearance. I am pretty picky.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Firm massage JUVEDERM over the next 48 hours

I tell this to all my patients ' if you can FEEL filler, its normal, if you can SEE filler - massage'. Generally, with Juvederm, you have 24-72 hours to 'mould it', like Dr Folk suggests, pressing the area flat against your lower teeth and chin to flatten the ridge out may work. 

I personally tell patients to use their thumb (wash hands first) and pointer finger and massage up and down. Very firm pressure, 2-3 min per day , 2-3 times per day, next 2-3 days. This should dissipate the filler. If all else fails, at the 2 week mark we can use an enzyme to dissolve this. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim
Laser dermatologist, Aesthetic Dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Immediately after Juvederm

Swelling after Juvederm is a normal occurrence.  It will most likely resolve in 7 to 10 days.  You can massage gently. If the ridge doesn't resolve return to your injector for injection of Vitrase to remove the Juvederm

Leonard Miller, MD
Brookline Plastic Surgeon

Lump after Juvederm

Give it 7-10 days and if it still there, you can have that dissolved with Vitrase.

Dr H Karamanoukian
#RealSelf100 Member

Juvederm and Swelling NYC

You can definitely have swelling after Juvederm is injected and different sides may have required more product.  I would massage the treated area and see if this resolves. If over the next two weeks it still looks too swollen I would return for Vitrase to dissolve the treated area.  Best, Dr. Green

Elevated region from Juvederm injection

Thank you for sharing your question. You might be able to massage the area in order to flatten it. The elevated region will improve with time. If it is unpleasant in a few more weeks, have an experienced injector dissolve the product with Vitrase.
Good luck,

"Lump" Immediately After Juvederm Normal?

Thank you for sharing your photos and your concerns.  Since Juvederm is a hydrophilic filler, it attracts water to the injected area leading to swelling (edema).  This firmness or lumpiness typically lasts two weeks.  Once the edema resolves, you should not feel anything.  If you still feel lumpiness after the two weeks, please revisit your dermatologist or plastic surgeon for further evaluation. 

Suneel Chilukuri, M.D.
Houston, TX

#antiaging, #filler, #Juvederm, #Voluma, #Vobella, #Volift, #Restylane, #Perlane #Radiesse, #Belotero, #Sculptra, #Allergan, #Galderma, #Merz, #liquidfacelift, #facelift, #wrinkles, #Houston, #Texas, #RefreshDermatology

Suneel Chilukuri, MD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

Marionette lines

Thank you for submitting a photo with your question.  It appears from your photo that the area needs to be massaged to flatten and smooth out the Juvederm.  It appears that there is a ridge, and it is unlikely that it is just swelling. You can try massaging it yourself or I would recommend that return to the doctor and ask for it to be massaged. 
Dr. Quenby Erickson

Hard Juvederm

It is not unusual to have one area feel firmer, especially if it has required more Juvederm and/or more injections, which can happen due to normal asymmetry. I  would ice the area to decrease swelling. You can gently massage the area to smooth it if a visible Ridge isn't improving. The firm feeling is completely normal, though, and will resolve over several weeks.

Nicole Kafka, MD
New York General Surgeon