Can liposuction be performed on fatty outer arms/shoulders & high upper back? If so, what type do you recommend? (Photo)

I am a 35 y/o woman that is currently looking to undergo 1.) a full brachioplasty/arm lift, 2.) a full tummy tuck with back lipo, and 3.) a breast reduction/lift/reconstruction. I want to first tackle the arms and shoulder, high upper "man back" area as I have HATED them/it all my life. I am curious "IF" lipo is possible, what is the best kind for the outer fibrous layer of the back upper arms/shoulders and is it a realitic possibility I could actually NOT look like my grandfather from behind?

Can liposuction be performed on fatty outer arms/shoulders & high upper back? If so, what type do you recommend?

An in-person exam is required for more accurate assessment. Generally speaking body contouring surgery addresses both the excess skin and the excess fat. Liposuction only treats the excess fat -- it does nothing for the hanging loose skin which in most instances is the more unsightly factor in any given area. Therefore, I usually recommend body contouring patients to have the most beneficial operation.

Liposuction of Arms and Back

You look like a great candidate for liposuction.  In these areas I typically use laser assisted devices and then follow with power assisted removal.  I see a lot of skin retraction from this technique.  This is something I do pretty much everyday.  If there is a lot of skin laxity, which we could only tell from an inperson consultation, then skin removal at the time of liposuction may be best and can be coordinated with our plastic surgeon who specializes in full body makeovers.  I would love to see you in the office or on a skype consult.  Contact our office anytime. I wish you the best, Dr. Emer.

Those areas are very difficult to treat with any method especially liposuction. Why not try weight loss first. Than Brachioplasty with lipo?/?

Thick upper body

You have to acknowledge that a thick upper body is something related to 2 things: genetics and overweight.

So, because of genetics all of the extra pounds will go to your upper body: arms, shoulders, upper back, neck, upper chest, face.. So, the first thing recommended will be to trim weight before surgery and maintain , and then you probably would not even need liposuction to all of the areas (some can not be lipoed like shoulders).

I can tell you for fact, that after liposuction the target of every pound will continue being your upper body and I have seen patients ending even worst in comparison how they started.. So just be mindful.
Definitely you will love how your upper body will look nice and slim, feminine after your job and ours.

Be encouraged.
Dr. Cardenas

Can liposuction be performed on fatty outer arms/shoulders & high upper back?

Liposuction is ideal for patients who are fit, active and have problematic areas that are difficult to get rid off with diet and exercise. Liposuction is a fantastic tool for body contouring. Good candidates have minimal skin laxity and mild to moderate fullness. Reviewing your photo, you appear to be a good candidate for upper back liposuction. Choose a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

I think liposuction is probably reasonable.   Select the surgeon and not the method or the machine.  Find a liposuction expert who performs hundreds each year and has great reviews and great before and after pictures.

Liposuction of back

Liposuction is possible and safe to perform on the back (upper and lower) and upper arms. It is always difficult to tell without a formal physical exam exactly what would be best for you. The back does tend to be more fibrous than other areas of the body. There are ultrasonic, laser assisted, and power assisted liposuction machines that make liposuction on fibrous areas possible.

Good candidate for liposuction of the bra rolls arms and waist.

From the photographs it looks as though you would be a good candidate for liposuction of the upper arms, bra rolls, and waist. The skin is in good condition and you should expect a good result.

Liposuction for upper back and shoulders

Your photo suggests you will get a nice result from liposuction of your upper back and shoulders,
In my hands, the best results are with Microaire - a vibrating cannula that does not heat the skin.
This reduces the risks of burns and post-liposuction nerve damage. 
It is excellent for fibrous areas
It can be done with the brachioplasty, if you wish.