Liposuction vs Liposculpture and est cost?

I'm very active and work out 4-6x week depending on my schedule and always make time for cardio and lifting. Nothing I have done has ever helped with losing stubborn fat on my thighs and glutes. I want leaner thighs so my glute progress show better and so I can feel more comfortable wearing shorts and showing my legs. I have some fat behind my knees and lower back fat right above my glutes that I want that gone as well. Would the best aesthetic results be from Liposuction or Liposculpture?

Liposuction versus liposculpture

There's no procedure called liposculpture.

It is simply a marketing term like body contouring.

Most people will use the word liposculpture use traditional liposuction.

Any form of liposuction can be referred to as liposculpture.

Liposculpture is simply means shaping fat.

In someways any technique that helps change fat distribution could potential  be called liposculpture.

Don't bother with the name of the equipment, name of technology but focus on finding the right plastic surgeon and everything else will follow up.

The skill of the surgeon is by far more important than the equipment used.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Difference between liposculpture and liposuction

Thank you for your question. Both are same with different wording. Please consult with a board certified PS for evaluation and to discuss your goals.

Liposuction vs Liposculpture

Dear MMorningstar,

"Liposculpture" is just a brilliant marketing term that makes it sound like something different and more advanced is going on, but is it really just liposuction. Any good surgeon should be incorporating their artistic eye to achieve the best result. For small areas of fat excess a non-invasive technology like Coolsculpting can work, with no downtime or scars. Liposuction allows for more aggressive results and does require small incisions for access. I like the Vaser which uses ultrasonic heat to emulsify the fat prior to removal. Your own anatomy and tissue characteristics will also play a role in how you will look after surgery. More elasticity and tightness to your skin, less cellulite, and being at a normal BMI are all good qualities to have. There is always a risk of some skin laxity so you don't want to be over aggressive. You can also get small surface irregularities, but the overall results typically outweigh this risk and patients interested in liposuction are rarely perfectly smooth to begin with. The area above the buttocks (flanks or muffin top area) is an ideal area for treatment, and the lateral thighs can also harbor discreet fatty deposits that seem resistant to weight loss. The medial knees are commonly treated as well, but not typically the posterior knee so that would need to be confirmed on exam. 

Stacey Folk, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question.

Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery and who is also a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgery.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Liposuction of the waist, thighs and knees is a reasonable combination

Tumescent liposuction of the waist, thighs and knees is a reasonable combination and can be done safely while patients are awake. 'Liposculpture' is simply a marketing term.

Liposuction or liposculpture?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

Liposculpture is just a word used to describe liposuction done to focus on shape, as opposed to debulking. Regardless of the term, that is what you need so find a plastic surgeon whom you feel you can trust to do it well.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring Liposuction

You need definition and contouring type liposution. I suggest you see an expert to get the best outcome, someone trained in VASER 4D contouring.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Confusion Caused by Marketing Tactics

There is no difference between liposuction and liposculpture. There is no difference between liposuction and Hi Def liposuction.  There is no difference between liposuction and microliposuction. Liposuction is the only procedure, and the rest are all marketing terms like 'laser' to build hype about a surgeon. What's really important is surgeon's training, skill, certification, and experience. Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Liposcultpture and liposuction are the same thing. It is only a marketing tool for PS. All liposuction is liposculpturing. Find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area that you feel comfortable with to go over the best options for you. Be wary of overly aggressive liposuction procedures because there is a very high risk of contour abnormalities that are extremely difficult to correct. Good Luck!

Jordan P. Farkas, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon