Labiaplasty wedge method?

I am a dancer as my way of making money. I am on the 10th day of recovery from the labiaplasty.. when would be earliest that I could go back to dancing? Considering possible complications and stitches or things splitting?

Labiasplasty Recovery

Thank you for your questions, please return to your plastic surgeon for a follow up, they can advise on however the stitches are healing to how long you need to wait.  I would normally recommend 3-4 weeks to my patients if all is healing well.  All The Best 

Returning to work after labiaplasty

Thank you for your question. My patients often ask when they can return to various activities ( work,sex,exercise). The main issue his not placing too much strain on the stitches. They are very thin and you do not want them to tear or tear through your skin. As such I recommend avoiding any activity that could cause such stress for at least six weeks.

Returning to exotic dancing after labiaplasty

will depend on whether you experience any blunt impacts to your vulva.  If you do, waiting longer is only better for you.  If not, I would allow my patients to return to such activities at 3 weeks post-op and possibly sooner if activities will allow for it.

Curtis Wong, MD

Recovery

I would typically recommend 4-6 wks depending on how things are healing and whether the sutures are dissolved. It is best to check with your surgeon. Best wishes!

Labiaplasty wedge method?

Thank you for sharing your excellent question.  Based on your full profile, and series of photographs, I would recommend waiting for at least 6 weeks before resuming any dancing activities as the degree of swelling and bruising you have had will cause your tissues to be firm for a longer period of time.  Be sure to maintain close follow up with your surgeon as they will best be able to clear your activities. Hope this helps.

Back to workAfter labiaplasty

Labiaplasty recovery varies between different surgeons but is generally a week or so. Most surgeons recommend waiting for full activities for up to six weeks -and that is my recommendation because you just dont want to mess things up after you've already gone through the procedure. Best of luck. 

Nikesh K. Patel, MD
Freehold Plastic Surgeon

Labiaplasty wedge method?

Your plastic surgeon should be your resource here.  Most patients need to wait at least 4 to 6 weeks before strenuous activity. Best wishes.

How soon before dancing after labiaplasty?

Dear Natalyacr,

It is generally recommended by most surgeons that 4-6 weeks after surgery all routine activities can be resumed.  I generally prefer 6-8 weeks as the edges may be sensitive and I recommend listening to your body.  If you do something and it hurts or is uncomfortable, stop doing it and wait a week to try again.  If you have made an investment in your body, it is worth waiting an extra week or two.

I hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Troy R. Hailparn, MD, FACOG

Cosmetic Gynecology Center of San Antonio

Troy Hailparn, MD
San Antonio OB/GYN

I'm a dancer. When can I go back to full activities after a V-Wedge labiaplasty??

Hello Denver Friend...

This really is a question t be answered by your surgeon, who more intimately knows your surgical recovery. That said,  have operated on several dancers. My general advice, with a Wedge resection, is OK to go back to dancing at ~ 4 weeks, but to wait until 6 weeks before doing squats, lunges, or dancing on the pole. If you dance nude, you will not be comfortable either exposing your perineum, or wearing a tight thong, until ~6 weeks. I know you wish to get back to your livelihood, but you paid a lot of $$ for this, and you don't want in any way to mess it up. Of course, your surgeon should be the final arbiter...

Michael P Goodman, MD

Davis, CA, USA 

Recovery after labiaplasty

Labiaplasty recovery is related to the degree of swelling you have, which is why limiting all activity to minimize swelling immediately after surgery is the key to easier recovery. Most swelling takes place in the first 12-24 hours after surgery. I have seen some patients, however, develop late swelling complications typically due to cycling too early. Many of my patients report comfortable sexual activity and exercise within 2 weeks, but we say no to bicycles or motorcycles for at least 6 weeks. Comfort is a very good indicator of which activities are going to be well tolerated and safe in most cases. Since every surgeon uses slightly different surgical techniques even for the same type of operation, your experience will vary greatly depending on your surgeon. You should always follow your particular surgeon's advice. I hope this helps. Best wishes!

Angela Keen, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon