I am 9 months post op. I am happy with my results from the front but from the side there is asymmetry. Any suggestion? (photo)

Will the breast continue to change with time and correct itself? Is there anything I can do?

I am 9 months post op. I am happy with my results from the front but from the side there is asymmetry. Any suggestion?

At nine months I doubt your breasts will change much. Contact your surgeon to address your concerns. 

Regards, 

I have to say that you are still early on healing process, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 to 4 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support. Hugs!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

BREAST ASYMMETRY

Your breast look very good and the asymmetry is mostly in the nipple areola complex location, where the left side is about 1.5 cm lower than the right side. You may consider getting a periareolar lift on the left side to match the location of the nipples with the right side and the results will be almost completely symmetrical. There will still be a small asymmetry in size, but consider that every body has one side bigger and one side smaller on the body.

I would be pretty happy with that.  You should compare to your before photos.  The slimmer the patient and the smaller the breast the less tissue there is to "camouflage" the implant and the more likely you are to see little differences.  Follow up with your surgeon but I think you should be happy with your result.

Ralph R. Garramone, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry after breast augmentation

You look pretty awesome in your pictures. It you closely examine your pre-op photos you may also find some anatomical differences from side to side that help you to understand what you are noticing now. Follow up with your surgeon at a year so you can discuss your concerns, but honestly I think most surgeons would be happy with your result. The symmetry of the upper and medial breasts is far more important than the lateral of lower aspect, and yours looks spot on.

Stacey Folk, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry after surgery

Congrats on your augmentation, kya02! Some asymmetry after surgery is not uncommon and may have been there before. Often times if an implant is placed submuscularly and an implant is lower on one side it may be because the person is right hand or left hand dominant and the implant is being pushed by constant use of that one arm. Check with your board certified plastic surgeon and see what they think of the asymmetry. Best of luck, MMT

Symmetry

Thank you for your question.  You appear to have a very nice result.  No one is perfectly symmetric and adding implants sometimes makes some of those small asymmetries more obvious.  At this point it is doubtful much will change in terms of position or implant.  You could touch base with your plastic surgeon to see if there is anything else they would do, but honestly it appears you have a very nice result.  All the best,

Keshav Magge, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry after breast augmentation

Thank you for the question. I think you have a very good results. The asymmetry you see is not uncommon. In fact, most people have some degrees of asymmetry. We often do not noticed the asymmetry until after surgery. Talk to your surgeons if you concerned. 

Neil T. Chen, MD
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry after aug

Thank you for the questions and pictures. The asymmetry you are pointing out is quite subtle. I think it is related to a combination of natural breast tissue position and implant position. It is unlikely to change at this point after surgery. I would encourage you to discuss with your plastic surgeon as things can appear different in person. 

I am 9 months post op. I am happy with my results from the front but from the side there is asymmetry. Any suggestions?

There are a number of causes of asymmetry following a breast augmentation, and almost no one has prefect breast symmetry, even following a breast augmentation.  Some of these causes can include breast asymmetry of the breast tissue which existed prior to the surgery, asymmetry of the rib cage, and asymmetry of the breast capsules (capsular contracture).   From your photos, the asymmetry is quite subtle.  Even if this asymmetry is caused by relative asymmetry of the capsules (the one cause of asymmetry which can be addressed surgically) I don't think I would suggest a surgery in your case.  I believe the risks of this surgery would probably out weigh the benefits.  Options short of surgery are breast massage and possible use of an anti-inflammatory agent such as Singulair.  Discuss this with your surgeon for their recommendations.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon