Will a full tummy tuck do this mess justice? (photos)

Mommy of 7, youngest 11 mos, and creation with twins 2010. No health conditions, two vaginal deliveries after twins. I don't care about visible stretch marks after. I just want a flat tummy. Also, if I get the bbl can I get at the same time? Lastly, is it beneficial for better after results to do as much tummy training/exercising before hand? I'm 5'6, 178, clearly all in this gut. I want as much/big as I can get with the bbl.

Fix my mess

Hello and thank you for your question. I believe that you are a good candidate for a full tummy tuck and bbl using all the fat we can get from your tummy area and flanks.

I would strongly recommend trying to lose some weight prior to surgery. You will still have enough fat for a bbl.

Peter Fisher M.D 

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

What do you mean by "do this mess justice?"  Your belly is a thing of beauty that nurtured and gave birth to SEVEN human beings, including two sets of twins, each a special and unique individual that are growing an entire life of their own.  That's a belly with some mileage, that has accomplished more than most.

YES, it's going to look much better after a well done abdominoplasty, and be much flatter, tighter, and more shapely.  BBL can be done at same time with fat from belly, but engraftment may be an issue because you're pressurizing buttocks after abdominoplasty.  Surgeon may recommend you lay only on your right or left side after the procedure(s).

Steve Laverson, MD

Will a full tummy tuck do this mess justice?

Thank you for the question.  Based on your history and photographs, I think that you will have a very nice/dramatic outcome with tummy tuck surgery. 

Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.

Of course, it will be important that you select your plastic surgeon carefully and communicate your goals/expectations carefully as well.  Achieving realistic expectations prior to surgery is very important; make sure that you are both on the same page when it comes to "justice" definitions.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Am I a good candidate for a Tummy Tuck?

To answer your question, you are probably a good candidate for a tummy tuck.  But I would recommend losing a little weight before to help optimize the results of surgery and reduce your risks for complications.  I would also suggest checking nutritional labs before surgery to assure that you are in optimal nutritional shape prior to your procedure.  You may want to check out my forthcoming book, "Eat Drink Heal:  The Art and Science of Surgical Nutrition", for specific recommendations.

As for the BBL, I would do that later.  It's hard to recover from both procedures since you're not allowed to sit on your butt for a few weeks and then you're also flexed forward from the tummy tuck.  As such, much better to stage.

I hope that is useful information. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to help!

Post Pregnancy- Full Abdominoplasty

Thank you for your question and photos. Your abdomen is understandably stretched after 7 pregnancies. The abdominal muscles likely have a significant separation or diastasis recti which can not be improved with exercise- although exercise and loss of additional fat before a Tummy Tuck is a great idea. You will need to get your Body Mass Index down to roughly 25 in order to have safe, dramatic results. Tightening abdominal muscles and removing excess skin should provide significant changes and slimming of your waistline. I recommend that you meet with a board certified Plastic Surgeon who has plenty of experience in this area and plan for your procedures.

All the best

Full tummy tuck and bbl

Thank you for your question and pictures, you will benefit greatly from a full tummy tuck and liposuction with fat transfer to your buttocks and can be done safely at the same time, consult with a board certified PS,bet of luck!

Moms Deserve Help!

You appear to be a great candidate for a full Tummy Tuck.

Simultaneous BBL is certainly a possibility, even if you do lose more weight.

Healthy weight loss and core strengthening are always beneficial before abdominoplasty, but not a barrier to surgery if you have difficulty getting to your goal weight. 

After multiple pregnancies, and especially after twins, the abdominal muscles take quite a beating. Incorporating muscle wall reconstruction with Tummy Tuck can profoundly improve the biomechanics of an abdominal/core strengthening exercise routine.

A consultation may help you plan for optimal preparation and timing.

Paul C. Zwiebel, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and photos. You are interested in an abdominoplasty and BBL. I personally disagree with most previous posts of doing these procedures together. If you are okay with so-so results, go ahead. The best results in your case would be a staged procedure, first extensive liposuction and a BBL, followed by a tummy tuck 4-6 months after. This will keep the lower abdominal incision shorter secondary to the skin tightening from the VASER liposuction. See a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in advanced body sculpting techniques for an in person consultation. Good luck.

Great question LOL.  You stand to benefit substantially from a full or extended tummy tuck to tighten your muscle fascia and remove lots of extra skin.  Resting your stomach off tension and avoiding pressure on your buttock after surgery are difficult but sometimes the expense of separating the procedures is impractical and expensive.  Discuss all options with your ABPS Bd Certified plastic surgeon and formulate the best plan for you.  This should include some weight loss before the procedure to reduce the unhealthy visceral fat and enable a flatter stomach after the procedure.  Best wishes super-Mom!

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Abdominoplasty

A full abdominoplasty can give you dramatic results that would be very satisfying for you. It addresses all three layers of your torso: muscle, fat, and skin. Some key points to a modern, comprehensive tummy tuck: 1. muscle repair with hernia repair if necessary. 2. Both liposuction of superficial fatty layer and direct defatting of the deep layer (aka 'sub-scarpal' fat). 3. Progressive tension sutures to maximize upper belly tightness without over tightening lower belly, which could lead to thicker scars and higher risk of infections and tissue necrosis. 4. Elimination of drains. Because of progressive tension sutures, no drains are necessary, substantially reducing your risk for the most common complication of tummy tucks, seromas. Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons and make sure they perform this comprehensive tummy tuck. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS