Having full lips and wanting injections. Any suggestions? (photos)

I'm interested in lip injections to achieve plump lips like Rosie Huntington Whiteley and Kylie Jenner. I already have some what full lips. Overall an honest opinion from a Dr on what I could do to achieve that celebrity lips look? I have never done anything to my lips so I've doing my research before I commit to anything. Thanks!

Lip Augmentation

Its quite possible to achieve the full lips, as in the pictures you have demonstrated.  Hyaluronic gel fillers like Juvederm or Restylane will be your safest bet.  Consult a facial plastic surgeon. Hope this helps.

Celebrity Lips and Augmentation

Since you have full lips the best advice is to consult with a board certified dermatologist to discuss how full you would like your lips.  From the photos posted I would probably recommend Juvederm since it would give you the fullness that you are looking for.  Best, Dr. Green

Lip Augmentation Options

I suggest you consult a board certified facial plastic surgeon to receive the highest quality knowledge, treatment, care and skill available. A consultation provides you the opportunity to relay your concerns and desired outcome to the surgeon while the surgeon can assess your health profile and discuss his/her pertinent advice.

Most augment their lips with injectable fillers, which are repeated about once a year or even more often. Although lip augmentation with fillers is an ideal procedure for adding volume to thin lips, it is not permanent.For a more permanent solution there are several options. These options include fat injections, direct lip lift, sub-nasal lip lift and corner lip lift.  An excellent technique for lip augmentation is fat injections. It offers the only natural method for potential permanent results. Fat is aspirated from another part of the body, such as the abdomen, and then injected into the lips. Since fat cells are living tissue, the body will recognize them and new capillaries will attach to the cells to keep them permanently alive. Since the fat cells are from the patient’s own body, they are not recognized as foreign and will not cause an allergic reaction. The fat transfer technique may require two to three treatments to achieve a permanent result as the body absorbs much of the injected fat.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

I want fuller lips but I am already fairly full. What options do I have?

Hello mperea,
Thanks for your question.
When you already have fairly full lips, a judicious use of hyaluronic acid filler to highlight and shape your lips more by making good use of the volume there already, would be my recommendation.
A full understanding of facial volumes and facial harmony is necessary in a top injector.  Do your homework and find someone who you feel understands your goals.
Good luck,
Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Having full lips and wanting injections. Any suggestions?

Thin hyaluronic acid fillers such as Restylane or Belotero should work best for you as you have great structure and volume to your lips. If you're looking for lip injections I would recommend a very subtle change which can be achieved with either of the fillers I mentioned. Make sure you review before and after photos to ensure that your injector can create natural, beautiful lips. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane SilK

Lip augmentation with a hyaluronic acid filler would be my suggestion.  Of these fillers, Restylane Silk is softer and more pliable making it perfect for lips.

John Burns, MD

Lip augmentation

If you wish to obtain fuller and more voluminous lips, hyaluronic acid fillers such as Juvederm and Restylane are great! They typically last 9 - 12 months if not longer on some patients. Lip Lift surgery is an option as well. You should consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to determine what options are best suited for you. Please see link for more information 

Thicker HA filler with lift capacity is best for dramatic lips

I recommend visiting a board-certified dermatologist with experience in lip augmentation for an in-person consultation. While there are a number of dermal fillers that can be used to achieve plumper lips, notably hyaluronic acid gel fillers such as Juvederm or Restylane, it is important to take into account the patient’s overall face shape and create lips that are harmonious with their features rather than simply emulating a celebrity. Enhancing already plump lips is certainly possible, but you want to make sure that you will get a result that looks good with your own features. With that said, for that extra pop to the lips, a thicker hyaluronic acid with better lifting capacity (G prime) may be necessary, like Juvederm Ultra Plus, Perlane or even Juvederm Voluma. To achieve the celebrity pout, 2 or more syringes may be needed.

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Lips

Hello, there are a few options for lip enhancement (fillers, fat, implants). In my opinion the final result depends on what you are starting with. If you have symmetrical full lips now...you are more likely to obtain that "celebrity look" as oppose to if you are starting with very thin recessive lips. You would need an examination to look at your anatomy and to discuss your desires. That would be best for a realistic opinion on final expected results.