What if the frozen fat do not go away but stay in your abdomen?

CoolSculpting

The frozen fat cells in the treatment area are no longer viable and go through the natural process of cell removal known as apoptosis; a gradual elimination through the body's normal metabolic processes, similar to the process all cells go through in the body. The body is constantly regenerating itself and cells are always turning over. The key is that you do not develop new fat cells in the treated area – unless you experience a significant weight gain. The result is a 25-30% reduction in fat bulges after each one hour cycle that is visible in most patients in approximately four to six weeks.

What Happens to Frozen Fat Cells?

The frozen fat cells will go through apoptosis (natural cell death) and will be eliminated from the body with the help of the lymphatic system. Keep in mind that it can take over three months to see the final results. Also, about 20-25% of the fat will be removed in the treatment area, so it may require multiple treatments to get your desired results. Hope this helps.

Shelena Lalji, MD
Sugar Land OB/GYN

Fat and Coolsculpting

The fat from Coolsculpting is naturally eliminated from the body through a natural process over the course of several months.  Coolsculpting reduces the fat in a given area treated by as much as 25%.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist who is an expert in Coolsculpting for the best results. 

Coolsculpting for the abdomen

When fat cells are treated with Coolsculpting they die and are eliminated from the body naturally.  There is no chance that the fat cells will be retained.  Keep in mind, it is only about 20-25% of the fat cells that are in the treated area that will be eliminated in any one treatment, so multiple treatments may be needed for your desired results. 

Grant Stevens, MD

Frozen fat cells are eliminated from body

The frozen fat cells after a CoolSculpting treatment are naturally eliminated by the body over the course of three months, resulting in around a 20% reduction in the targeted area. They do not stay in the body. 

William Groff, DO
San Diego Dermatologist

Coolsculpting abdomen

Hi Jay7405

With coolsculpting, you can expect to see a 20-25% fat reduction on the treatment area. It may vary from patient to patient, and also how much was drawn into the applicator. On some people multiple treatments may be required to get the desired outcome. The body will then natural eliminate these fat cells. Once gone, the fat cells are gone for good.

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
Th fat cells that die will be removed by your body naturally.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

CoolSculpting Fat elimination

Dear jay7405:

Those fat cells destroyed by CoolSculpting which account for up to 20% of the fat cells injured in each applicator are eliminated by the body. 

Consider that:
  • this is about 50 to 100 grams of fat per treatment per session.
  • rarely, Paradoxical Hyperplasia or firmness with fullness of the treated area can occur
  • without equal weight loss for the fat cell destroyed, you will redistribute the calories you consume as fat in other areas. This may redistribute to fat around the organs, ie visceral fat. 
  • depending on the thickness of your fat bulge, you may wish to consider surgical lipocontouring.

In all cases, consult with a well experienced, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for evaluation and recommendations regarding what is best for you.

All the best!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

Coolsculpting and Results

the results of coolsculpting is permanent but it may take many treatments and many applicators to get a contouring like effect or one that you actually notice is visably different.  Which is why may of my patients opt for hi definition body contouring.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Does not stay in your abdomen - gets flushed out

Coolsculpting is best when performed on an area that has an excess number of fat cells. For example, women say, "When I gain weight, it goes straight to my belly." That means that you were born with more fat cells in your abdominal area. It would be great to perform coolsculpting in that area to reduce the number of fat cells there and make that are more proportional with the rest of your body. Then, if you gain weight, it will be more evenly distributed over your body. It won't just "go straight" to one area.
The fat loss is permanent after Coolsculpting. You typically lose 20-25% of the fat in the area treated, each time you treat it. I have done it to myself and my staff. It is truly effective and has no down time.
Best of Luck,
Sheila Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD