Do I need Facial Feminization surgery? (Photo)

I've spoken to a few doctors, which one of them said that I don't need facial feminization at all and another which said I could get my chin, forehead and nose checked out. I was a bit confused as to why they suggested rhinoplasty because I dont seem to see a hump on my nose like they stated. Anyways I would just like a few others opinions on this. I'll add a few photos. Thanks

Facial feminization

I believe that a forehead contouring with hairline advancement will make your face more feminine. You have nicely arched eyebrows so I would not raise your brows much more. As for the nose and your jawline I would not put them high on the priority list. Please find an experienced FFS surgeon for this if you are planning on a procedure. Hope this helps.

Jupiter Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial feminization

Hi, thanks for your question. Remember that any surgery you undergo should be a personal decision. Don't let anyone analyze you to tell you what surgery you need or require. You have an attractive face. In general, areas that are addressed in facial feminization include the Adam's apple cartilage, the nose, a wide jaw or prominent chin and low eyebrows that need to be raised or a prominent forehead. If any of these regions concern you, consult with a plastic surgeon and he/she can further guide you in making your decision. Best wishes. 

Do I need Facial Feminization surgery?

Hi, based upon the attached photos the cheeks are a bit flat (left is more flat than the right) and the upper lip is a bit thin.  A profile photo would be needed to evaluate the chin but all in all I think you are quite pretty and feminine already.  You could try some dermal filler to the cheeks (I prefer Perlane) and some Restylane or Juvederm to the upper lip.  

Do I need Facial Feminization surgery?

Your decision to pursue facial feminization surgery is a personal one.  There are many different characteristics that distinguish the female face from the male face.  It is difficult to assess and answer your question based on the photographs you have provided.  The female nose is usually smaller and shorter when compared to a male nose, and the tip is usually turned up a bit higher.  If you are unsure after your initial two consultations, it is ok to seek the in-office consultation with another board certified plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon.  Best wishes.  

Josef Hadeed, MD, FACS