Not enough Dysport injected for my Glabella area? (photo)

I'm 27 y/o & went to get Botox for my Glabella area 4 days ago. The Dr. said he prefers Dysport because it works quicker & is slightly longer lasting. I went along with his suggestion - he injected only 32 units of Dysport. I think he injected equal units in both sides. On the 4th day I feel like only one "side" has taken effect & the deepest line has not changed & is possibly more noticeable now. What are my next steps? Do I need a touch up? What should be the typical dose & areas for my lines?

#Dysport treatment of #glabella #11s

Some people will see results faster with Dysport. However, the maximum result will take anywhere from 1 - 2 weeks to become evident. If you do not see as much improvement as you desire, more Dysport can be added at that point. 32 units is not complete treatment but given the small amount of furrowing you have and your young age, this might be perfectly fine for you. Give this another 7-10 days and then reassess. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Not enough Dysport injected for my Glabella area?

Thank you for your question. It can take up to two weeks to see the full affect. If at that point you do not have desired results then i would consider a touch up. Everyone is different and you may just need a bit more. If you still have concerns then consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeons office for more options.

Dysport results

Thank you for your question. It does appear like you could use more Dysport in your flagella area. However before making the final assessment, I would wait another week to allow your Dysport results to fully take effect.

Dysport in the glabella

It can take up to 2 weeks to see the full effects of your treatment.  If after that time you are still noticing discrepencies in symmetry or have concerns, contact your physician.  You may just need a slight touch up to even things out.

Camille Cash, MD

Dysport

It can take up to two weeks for you to see maximum results from dysport/botox injections. After two weeks, contact your provider for a follow up appointment to discuss any concerns you may have. It is common for some people to get an additional touch-up at that time. To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Concerns after Dysport injection

if you have concerns about your injections, I would suggest following up with the physician who treated you.  32 units is a small dose of Dysport in this anatomic area.  I recommend contacting your injector.  Best of luck.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Dysport for frown lines

Dysport effect, just like Botox effects, take more than few days to fully show what will happen. I would suggest waiting few days and observe at that time. If you feel that you like more effect, please see your doctor back and discuss your concerns.
I hope that helps and best regards, Dr. Sapijaszko.

Mariusz Sapijaszko, MD, FRCPC
Edmonton Dermatologic Surgeon

Dysport effect

A neuromodulator such as Dysport takes up to 2 weeks to show full effect.  32 units sounds like a fairly low dose, but your young age and relatively weak muscles may not require much neuromodulator for good effect.  You would do best to follow-up with your treating injector in 2 weeks after treatment, for a re-evaluation.  If you are both happy, stick with the dose above.  If you feel that excess movement is still present, consider a small touch-up and a bigger dose of Dysport with your next treatment.  Best of luck.

Inessa Fishman, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dysport and The Glabella

Some people have stronger muscles and need more units and some require filler even with the best result.  Not everyone gets full paralysis of the muscles.  Please speak to your physician if you are unhappy.  Best, Dr. Emer.

32 units of Dysport is on the low side for glabella

I think he didn't use enough. My starting dose is usually 50 and go up to 70. Some patients that need a touch up might be less. It takes a full 10 days to get max results and I usually wait that until touching up.

Steven F. Weiner, MD