What is best for double chin removal, or more of a defining jaw line procedure? (Photo)

Ive heard of the Kybella or Ultherapy but I don't know which is best for defining my jaw line and removing some double chin. I've always had a very round face and I thought after I lost weight I would have less chubby cheeks and more of a a jaw line but that didn't happen. It isn't much of a double chin but I guess it's more my jawline I want defined. And the price of how much this would cost!

How to get a more defined jawline

There's really no right answer. Both Kybella and Ultherapy work well, but so does cool sculpting to the under chin area. In our practice, we bring the client in and use ultrasound to take a look at exactly what is causing the protrusion. If it is heavy fat, Ultherapy is not the best. If it mostly lax skin, muscle or fascial tissue, Ultherapy is a good bet. My guess with you being young is that your skin quality is pretty good and so Kybella or Coolsculpting for the under chin area is better. However, for your "jowls" or lower face, neither Kybella nor Coolsculpting is approved for those areas and Ultherapy would be your better bet. 

Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

Kybella can help

Kybella is an excellent first step for a problem such as yours.
Other options are more likely treatments for larger double chin areas.

Double chin removal

You have plenty of options! Thermi tight might improve definition of your jawline, and this can easily be combined with liposuction under your chin. Both Coolsculpting and Kybella can be used to remove the excess fat under your chin. All are office procedures with pretty minimal to no downtime. It is best to have an exam to see which might be best and explore your options. 

Stacey Folk, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Double Chin Treatment / Laxity-- SmartLipo/VASER/ThermiRF, Botox, Venus Legacy, Kybella, CoolMini

I frequently use vaser and thermiRF to get the best outcome but kybella with ultherapy is an alternate option.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Defining jaw line

From the picture it seems to me that you want more definition of your jaw line. My procedure of choice is ulthera. Ulthera is an ultrasound technology that penetrates deeply into the fibromuscular tissue layer and by heat causes tissue contraction or tightening. The results are not visible most times for about 6 times, but there is no downtime.

Kybella one of many options

Based on your photo, there are any number of non-surgical options, including Kybella, that could achieve your desired results. My best advice would be for you to book a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to be assessed in person and discuss your options. 

Kindly

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

What is best for double chin removal, or more of a defining jaw line procedure?

Thank you for your question.  A photo would be helpful.  Good candidates for kybella have good skin tone and fullness in the sub mental region. You will need 2-4 treatments of kybella for good results. Each treatmen tusually requires 1-2 vials of kybella. Price varies by area. In general the cost of one vial ranges from $600-1000.   Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Best Wishes

Kybella to improve the jawline.

Kybella works extremely well to destroy the fat cells under the chin and improve the contour and shape to this area. Ultherapy is an ultrasound device that stimulates collagen and skin tightening. They are frequently paired together to compliment each other.

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Improving Jawline Definition

Improving jawline definition is a very common concern. Fortunately we now have many options, both surgical and non-surgical. On the surgical side are lower facelifts and neck lifts. There are a variety of treatments available that are non-surgical. Using fillers such as Voluma can enhance the volume loss we naturally loose in the mid-face and help to lift the jowls. Skin tightening treatments such as Ultherapy, fractional lasers, and laser skin tightening can stimulate your body to produce more collagen, naturally tightening the area. Botox can be used along the jawline in a treatment called the Nefertiti lift. This relaxes the platysma muscle in the neck that pulls down on the jawline, giving a mild lift. Energy based treatments such as Cool Sculpting can reduce the fat under the chin and help with jawline definition. Kybella is an injectable treatment which removes fat in the submental area; we see great improvement in jawline definition after Kybella treatments. There are also a variety of radiofrequency devices that tighten the area. Many people benefit from a combination of these treatments. I recommend scheduling a consultation with a doctor to determine what is best for you.
Pricing varies from region to region and office to office. I recommend finding a doctor based on experience and expertise and not on price. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Double chin and Define Jawline

I would suggest a combination approach to help you.  Kybella is great in permanently removing the fat under the chin and Thermage is my favorite laser for skin tightening and helping with the skin sagging and giving you a more defined jawline. I would also have Botox injected into the masseter muscle to help with the facial slimming.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green