Can having cool sculpting done affect someone with an aortic valve replacement or PAT?

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
Coolsculpting is a noninvasive treatment so it should be fine.
I would recommend speaking to your cardiologist anyway just to be safe

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

The applicators for CoolSculpting have a local fat freezing effect.  There should be no interference with an Aortic valve replacement or PAT.  Get clearance from your physician for the procedure.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting and Medical History

coolsculting isa localized procedure and doesnt effect anything systemic unless it was performed right over a pacemaker or something that shouldnt be in the way.  I suggest speaking to your physician if you are concerned.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Coolsculpting and AVR

Coolsculpting is a wonderful and effective non-invasive tool.  The beauty of coolsculpting is that it is non-surgical so it is not associated with any of the risks that one goes through surrounding surgery.  As long as your internist clears you for the procedure I don't know of any contraindication for you to have coolsculpting.

AVR and Coolsculpting

No studies have been performed on large groups of patients with AVR undergoing Coolsculpting.  That being said, there is nothing inherent in the procedure and its mechanism of action which would lead me to believe that there would be any problems due to the procedure.

Marcus A. Jimenez, MD, FACS
Fort Wayne General Surgeon