Is it better to do cheek augmentation first or rhinoplasty? How long should I wait in between the two? cant do it together.

Rhinoplasty and cheek augmentation performed together or separately

It makes the most sense to have both procedures done at the same time since the be one anesthetic and one recovery period. If you do perform them separately, it's best to wait at least a few months to allow the swelling to settle down. For many before-and-after examples of both procedures, please see the video and the link below

Cheek Augmentation & Rhinoplasty

Hello, thank you for the question.  It typically doesn't matter which procedure you do first - maybe start with what bothers you most.  Surgeries can be planned two - three months apart, assuming your post-operative recovery goes smooth.  Good luck!

Sincerely,

Dr. Michelle Spring

Cheek and nose

If is the same doctor for both, the do both at the same time with different set up of drapes and instruments, etc. If there are different surgeons at different locations, its does not matter much, what comes first. The nose has, usually, the more dramatic result.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Hello racharya - Thanks for your question. It really makes no difference which procedure you perform first. Most patients would probably opt for performing the rhinoplasty first, followed later by a cheek augmentation. Most patients get some type of reduction rhinoplasty. This typically makes the nose smaller, making the lack of cheek volume less noticeable. Unfortunately, you did not indicate what type of cheek augmentation you were planning to have performed. Of note, you could have both procedures performed together safely under most conditions. 

Good luck, 

Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and cheek augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. It really depends on your individual anatomy.  You could have both at the same time.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty or Cheek Augmentation First

If you plan on having both procedures I suggest you do both at the same time because you'll have just one operation, one anesthetic, one recovery, and last but not least the total cost will be less.

Cheek Implants and Rhinoplasty

If you cannot do the surgeries at the same setting, it will not matter which one you do first.  I would recommend waiting 3 month in between surgeries to allow time for healing.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Check augmentation or rhinoplasty first?

If you are unable to have a rhinoplasty and cheek augmentation at the same time, I do not believe it would make much difference which procedure you had first.  I probably would recommend waiting at least 3 months between the surgeries to allow a majority of the swelling to dissipate though.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon