Arnica and Bromelain vitamins? I will be having a TT with BA lift and lipo.

Do you recommend I take Arnica and Bromelain supplants after surgery for bruising and swelling?

Arnica suplement before surgery

Thank you for inquiring about Arnica Montana supplementation before surgery. Arnica, although homeopathic, has been shown to help reduce bruising after surgery. As always you should discuss with your surgeon all of the medications and supplements that you are currently taking..  I recommend using a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Tummy tuck with breast lift and liposuction - are arnica and bromelain helpful?

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.
  • I do not recommend these to my patients -
  • My experience is that they do not alter bruising after surgery.
  • However i do not mind my patients taking the products either - 
  • I suggest you ask your surgeon her/his views - if you want to try them, chances are you'll be told it's ok but probably unnecessary.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you will be healing following surgery. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

While there is no scientific evidence that #arnica reduces #swelling and #bruising, many of my patients have claimed that it has helped them greatly during the #healing process.  I recommend using arnica to supplement other pain killers.  
Ask your #boardcertified plastic surgeon what they recommend.

Arnica and Bromelain vitamins?

Arnica Montana is a homeopathic drug that is claimed to reduce bruising and swelling. Anecdotally, many patients and plastic surgeons feel that Arnica does have a benefit. There are, however, conflicting reports in the valid scientific literature about these claims. Bromelin (Bromelain), another homeopathic medication, is a mixture of enzymes found naturally in the juice and stems of pineapples and also purported to reduce swelling, bruising, inflammation and pain after surgery. This supplement, which is often taken along with Arnica, is also controversial with regard to efficacy. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)  that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. It is critical that he or she should be aware of all medications, supplements, minerals, vitamins, and herbs that you are taking, because they may interfere with normal blood coagulation, healing, and anesthesia. Robert Singer, MD  FACS La Jolla, California  

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon