Am I a good candidate for ThermiTight in front of legs for skin tightening ? Or is there a better treatment? (Photo)

I am trying to decide if I need a thigh lift or if there is some minimally invasive treatment that will help me like thermitight ? I am really looking to just tighten skin . I am looking for a minimal invasive rather than non invasive since I don't think the non invasives will work on this issue .. I would be most grateful for a doctors opinion .

ThermiTight/Skin Tightening/High Definition procedures

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your question.  I recommend a combination of procedures for optimal results.

ThermiTight utilizes a small electrode inserted under the skin to heat tissue to a selected therapeutic temperature.  Literature has shown that elevating skin to a therapeutic temperature level can contract collagen molecules and stimulate collagen production, which may give the appearance of lifting or tightening.   Fat reduction is rare, unless set to high temperatures and kept at high temperatures for a significant amount of time .

To best answer your question,  it  depends on how much skin laxity you have.   ThermiTight can work well in the thigh area to tighten skin that is mild to moderately laxity.  Surgery may be a better option, if you have excessive laxity.   Results with ThermiTight vary from patient to patient.  You should experience some overall improvement.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Skin tightening

Thanks for your question and photos. You may consider ThermiTight or Cellulaze. Dissimilar from ThermiTight, Celluze works by short-pulsed, high-energy laser beams that are utilized beneath the skin to transmit energy in two directions to simultaneously smooth out lumpy fat cells and heat dermal tissue.The method promotes skin thickening and tightening resulting in tighter, smoother skin. Always best to have an in-person consultation with a board certified dermatologist. Hope this helps. Best, Dr. Katz

Bruce E. Katz, MD