2 days post op inner thigh Liposuction, fluids moving around left-inner leg cavity. Is it ok to be left without aspiration?

Left knee started to feel cold and sore, started to rub my left leg on Postop day 1. Noticed water sound in inner thigh cavity and pooling to back of my left butt and groin. Went to see my surgeon yesterday. But my surgeon said not pocketing and no signs of infection. The nurse said the fluids used in liposuction, still sits there. It will absorb to my tissue. However, got up this morning, lying in bed no changes in fluids moving around. how long does it take for fluids to go away?

Swelling after liposuction can give the feeling of fluid floating around.

Conventional liposuction almost never generate seromas. Patients however can perceive fluid floating around as the swollen subcutaneous tissue moves back and forth. This will improve as healing continues.

It certainly is not unusual to have swelling particularly in the lower part of the liposuction and areas.  However on a fluid collection which is localized usually needs to be addressed ad this may cause a residual deformity.

Please consult your Plastic Surgeon if this continues.

Good luck.

Stanley P. Gulin, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Healing after liposuction

You will be very swollen after liposuction and it will take time for the fluid to absorb.

If you feel you are not improving, you need to return to your surgeon to be examined again. Best wishes.