What can I do about this terrible forehead? (Photo)

I received Botox for the 2nd time within 2 years. I went to a different dr. this time than the first time which was a combo of Botox & Juvederm because I didn't notice a difference. I'm supposed to go back in a couple weeks to discuss my "progress". Obviously I'm not satisfied cuz the picture shown still shows horrible indentions and bumps. I have my sisters wedding in a month and I just want a smooth forehead, what can I do?? Thanks.

Botox results

Thank you for your question jxtreme22. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. The pivotal studies demonstrated that the peak results of Botox are seen 14 days after the treatment. Therefore it is a good idea to return to your doctor at that time to assess the results. Patience is important. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician

Neuromodulators & Fillers Can Work Well For Forehead Indentations

First, let me say that I am sorry you have been disappointed thus far. Without a before photo and without knowing other details, such as exactly when you were last treated with Botox, what dilution, and how much was used, as well as how much filler was used, it is difficult to make specific comments. However, what I can say is that the kind of problem seen in the photo provided should generally respond quite well to a combo treatment of a neuromodulator, such as Botox (or Dysport or Xeomin) and an appropriate filler. Since you were already treated with Botox (and your sister's wedding is right around the corner), I would suggest switching to one of the other two neuromodulators mentioned above, on the outside chance that you perhaps have some resistance to Botox (although I doubt it). The result of the latter should kick in within about a week. I would also, during the same treatment session, inject Belotero Balance or Restylane Silk directly under the depression itself to provide immediate elevation and smoothing. If the appropriate concentrations and amounts of the neuromodulator and filler are used, I would be surprised if you do not achieve gratifying results in time for the wedding. Make sure you consult and seek treatment by a board certified aesthetic physician. Best of luck to you and congratulations on your sister's upcoming wedding. 

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Botox and filler to forehead

Thank you for your question and photo.  It is difficult to know without a before photo.  Sometimes it takes more botox or disport to acquire full muscle relaxation.  Typically the area is treated with botox first and then after 10 days follow up with a hyaluronic acid to fill what line(s) are left.  I am not sure if the bumps on your picture is from the filler or not since there is no before picture to compare. 

Chad Robbins, MD

Forehead Wrinkles -- Botox, Fraxel/Clear + Brilliant, Viva/Intensif, Fillers Like Belotero, Microneedling/PRP, Co2/Erbium

There are many options for forehead, if you do not like the filler it can be reversed with hayluronidase.  both botox and filler take 2 weeks to see the outcome so give it time if its within the two weeks.  I would consider fraxel or intensive with PRP and LED with groth factor before the wedding to help your skin and the fine wrinkles -- it will look fantastic! Best, Dr. Emer.

What can I do about this terrible forehead?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph and I am sorry that your results have not been what you anticipated.  Unfortunately without having a "before" image to compare to or knowing dosing and timing of Botox administered, it is difficult to offer definite advice. I would allow your results at least 2 weeks to mature and then reassess with your injector to see what revisions can be done to help improve upon your current appearance.

Wanting a smooth forehead but have deep grooves after Botox

In the future, regular Botox visits will help weaken the very strong glabellar muscles you have. If you still have movement, more Botox is needed. If the movement is minimal, only filler will help. I use a diluted Juvederm or Restylane for this mid/upper forehead and use cannulas. For the glabella, superficial injections with Belotero or Restylane Silk are used.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

More filler

The combination of Botox or Dysport and filler seem to me your best bet. Filler in the forehead can be risky, so make sure your injector is experienced. 

Elba Pacheco, MD
Annapolis Oculoplastic Surgeon

Unhappy forehead

jx- thanks for your picture and question

It's really hard to tell in the picture if your furrowing your brow or in repose. 

you may require some more botox if you're furrowing your brow and if not- some filler will help that forehead be smooth in time for the wedding!

Hope this helps and God Bless!

Dr. Robb

Philip K. Robb Jr., MD
Evans Physician

Botox Results

Sorry to hear you are disappointed with your Botox experience. Honestly, it is hard to comment on your specific results without seeing a before photo for comparison. That being said, I would wait two weeks to see the complete results and then if you still have muscle activity on your forehead, additional Botox may help. Men usually required a higher dose then females. Sometimes, combining a filler such as Belotero could also help with the horizontal lines. Finally, I think it is important that you followup with your provider and discuss your results.