Do I need a chin implant? Someone recommended just filler and kybella?? (photos)

I hate my profile because I feel like I have a weak jaw and no chin.

Chin implant? Someone recommended just filler and kybella?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak and there is evidence of some excess skin below the chin.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.  A dermal filler can be used but the effects are temporary.  Kybella (requires multiple injections) dissolves excess fat (which you do not have) but will "not" remove or tighten the excess skin.  I remove the excess skin during Chin Augmentation, with an chin implant, using the same small curved incision under the chin.  

Hope this helps.

Chin implant candidate for weak and recessive chin profile

The treatment for a weak and recessive mandible is to place a chin implant in that area. Chin implants are manufactured in a large variety of sizes and shapes, and are usually placed under local anesthesia as an outpatient procedure. In our practice, we have been using Implantech brand of silastic implants for the last 25 years  with an excellent success rate. For more information and many examples including diagrams of the implants, please see the link and the video below

Do you need a a chin implant?

Without an exam your question cannot be answered. However, your photos are helpful and you are probably a good candidate for a Chin Augmentation. You will need to see an Oral/Maxillofacial surgeon to see if othognathic surgery, genioplasty or using an implant is best for your specific case. It should be noted that patients with severely weak jaws or abnormally functioning jaws may be better treated with other facial surgery (orthognathic surgery), although a chin augmentation may be an option at a later time. These patients should seek the advice of a plastic surgeon to determine which course is right for them. Here is some information to help you make this decision: Candidates for Chin Augmentation - Patients whose chin profiles are weak but have normally functioning jaws are candidates for Chin Augmentation. Many of these candidates have used injectable fillers in the past to strengthen the protrusion of their chins, but are looking for a permanent solution. If you are one of these patients, then you are a likely candidate for chin augmentation