Is this change realistic? (Photos)

Is it possible for my nose to be reduced this much ?

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. You may also benefit from a cephalic rotation of your tip to turn up your tip slightly and a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Rhinoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Is this change realistic

I believe the appearance you seek in profile is able to be achieved with a rhinoplasty, yes. It will likely require lateral fractures to narrow the bridge at the same time as taking the hump down.

Is this change realistic

Rhinoplasty with Dorsal Hump Reduction

Thank You for your question. I think that the result you are trying to achieve is very reasonable. At the same time, it is important to realize that digital imaging can sometimes be deceiving. You have to realize that surgery is not a complete science. Good Luck with your surgery.

Helen Perakis, MD
Nanuet Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty with Dorsal Hump Reduction

Helen Perakis, MD
Nanuet Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Results

The results that you've depicted are absolutely obtainable. Go visit a few surgeons in your area for digital photo imaging. Best of luck!

Rhinoplasty Results

Is this change realistic? With rhinoplasty surgery it is!

Hello 5901anon - Thanks for your question. Looking at your nose in this picture, it does seem like it would be possible to perform a rhinoplasty procedure that creates that amount of dorsal hump reduction safely. You would need an in-person consultation to verify this. I would recommend that you consult with a rhinoplasty specialist in your area for an exam, to have photos taken, and have simulations performed on those photos. Your surgeon can then come up with an operative plan that makes sense. 

Good luck, 

Dr. Shah

Good luck, 

Dr. Shah

Is This Nasal Change Possible?

It is possibly reasonable but with these pictures which only show one view from a distance my response is guarded. I need to see a full set of pictures as described on my website for nasal evaluation.

Is This Nasal Change Possible?

Rhinoplasty

what you are expecting is not unreasonable. A rhinoplasty can get you close to this. May be not exactly depending on skin etc. good luck. 

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD

Rhinoplasty

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD

Nasal profile

It is possible to reduce your nose significantly to give you the desired results, but I wouldn't guarantee the exact results as a computer generated image. Best of luck.

Nasal profile

Realistic rhinoplasty results

From the limited photographs, it does appear that amount of change can be accomplished with a rhinoplasty procedure.  The dorsal hump can be shaved down which is composed of both bone and cartilage.  Osteotomies placed in the nasal bone can accomplish narrowing the bridge.,   The nasal tip cartilages, may  need to be adjusted as well to balance with the new profile.  Consider a chin implant  for the weak and recessive chin profile.  Placement of a chin implant will help significantly with facial balance and proportions, especially with respect to the overly projecting nose.  For many  before and after rhinoplasty/chin implant results, please see the link and the video below

Realistic rhinoplasty results

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD