Am I a good candidate for a non-surgical rhinoplasty or surgical rhinoplasty? (photos)

I am an 18-year-old female and I have always disliked my nose. I am considering a non-surgical rhinoplasty to improve the bridge of my nose, but I am not sure if adding fillers to the tip would be beneficial for me since I already have a long and bulbous tip. I would prefer a more defined and upturned tip. I think a rhinoplasty would be best in order to achieve my ideal structure but I am wanting to try the non-surgical procedure first for a more affordable and practical option.

Nonsurgical versus surgical rhinoplasty

In general, a nonsurgical rhinoplasty is good at addressing a bump of the nose by making the profile straighter. it does not really do a good job addressing the tip of the nose. Looking at your before photo, it seems that your nose would look better with a surgical rhinoplasty. I think you would be disappointed with a nonsurgical rhinoplasty.

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Icky. Awful.

I don't like your "rhinoplasty" "after" photo. In that modification, yes you elevated the tip, but you also filled in the radix, the area above the bump, about the same as you expected the filler to fill in the radix.      The problem is, filling in that area makes the nose look waaaaaay longer, and bigger, and the "ideal" nose you posted, which is a great nose by the way, is much shorter, with a low radix, not a filled out radix.      See the "Web reference" link, just below my post. I made a modification to your "before" image, and an animation of the modification, showing elevation and narrowing of the tip, and an even further lowering of the radix, to keep the nose looking short. Much better, IMHO.      Somehow, lots of people have gotten the impression that a "non-surgical" nose job is a real thing, and a real option. It's just, like, almost never ever a good thing to do! Tell your friends.      You should understand that the changes I demonstrated in the morph require advanced techniques, techniques that most plastic surgeons cannot handle.  Be sure to read the section in the "Web reference" link on how to stay out of trouble while searching for a rhinoplasty surgeon.      

Your nose is also a good example of why computer imaging is mandatory in rhinoplasty. You need to know exactly what the surgeon is planning to accomplish -- what features he thinks he can change, and by how much he thinks he can change them -- so you know whether it's enough to be meaningful to you, and whether he understands your wishes enough to address all of your priorities. Then, he must show you before and after photos to prove that he can actually accomplish what he draws on the computer.

Steven M. Denenberg, MD
Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Surgery may be considered for achieving a smaller, less distracting and more feminine nasal appearance.

Based on your profile photo, your nasal hump may be too large to camouflage, and fillers would not help the appearance of a bulbous droopy tip. Hope this helps you. Dr Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us. In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features. Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Surgical versus nonsurgical rhinoplasty

In our practice, we do not recommend  non-surgical rhinoplasty due to the fact that it is not FDA approved for that application, can have significant complications such as skin necrosis, and only makes the nose wider, bigger, and taller on a temporary basis.  For more information iand many examples of surgical rhinoplasty for a permanent result, placing the link and the video  below

Am I a good candidate for a non-surgical rhinoplasty or surgical rhinoplasty?

Fillers will not improve a long full nasal tip. They will make the nose look larger.
Every nose is different and unique to that individual. If the appearance of your nose concerns you enough to do something about it, it can be improved with a natural artistically performed rhinoplasty. What would be the best option and exact procedure would depend on an in person examination (not just an online consultation) and discussion about desired outcome. Excellent results can be achieved with either a closed or open technique.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do and how technically to do it based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

While fillers can augment the bridge of the nose, they can not change the tip projection or make it more refined. What you need is a surgical rhinoplasty.

Rhinoplasty Candidate

Dear Preppy, You are a great candidate for Surgical Rhinoplasty to improve your nose aspect and get it more natural effect. With Fillers you can work over this nose by enhancing it a bit but not correcting all things to become natural aspect. I recommend more surgical rhinoplasty.

Nabil Fakih, MD
Lebanon Facial Plastic Surgeon