Cyst Removal - Will This Dented Scar on my Nose Fill In?

About 3 weeks ago I had a small red cyst removed from the tip of my nose. Now I'm left with what looks like a chunk missing . It's light red and very noticable! It looks a lot worse than the cyst did. Is that how it will stay or will it fill in over time ?

Cyst removal scars are important

Depressed scars can be improved with a revision layered closure or dermal filler to fill in the area lost by cyst removal. 

I perform many cyst removal and emphasize the layered closure and scar during the surgery. 

Indent in nasal tip after cyst removal

The redness should diminish but it is unlikely that the contour will smoothen - the indent fill in on its own. The cyst created the indent by the pressure it exerted on surrounding tissue much like the indent in a carpet after a piece of furniture has been sitting in one place for a long time. Your best option is probably an injectable filler after the scar has fully matured.

Aaron Stone, MD