Water/serum in stomach; will it disappear? (Photo)

Hello. I Got a liposuction at my stomach, knees and bag (the flanks) in Istanbul 15 days ago. Everything looks fine an normal, but 7 days after operation mu stomach get full of water/serum. No doctors in Denmark Will help me to get it away. Will it disapere by time ore what to do? I live in Denmark ! Hope anyone Can help me

Liposuction - severe seroma

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • You have a severe seroma.
  • It will not disappear  if it is not removed - it will form a permanent collection.
  • Ask your regular doctor if he can help find a plastic surgeon to treat you. If not -
  • Please contact your surgeon in Istanbul to return to see her/him.
  • You will need to stay a while since these need aspiration of the fluid every 2-3 days until the fluid stops absorbing.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Post Liposuction Irregularities, Seroma -- SEEK AN EXPERT

I suggest seeking an expert, it appears that you may have a seroma and this needs to be drained by a board certified cosmetic dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Best, Dr. Emer

it appears you may have a seroma.
These need to be drained surgically.

Often they need to be drained but a frequent basis. Ideally every Day until the fluid stops forming. Sometimes a drain needs to be placed.

If not treated promptly they make develop into a chronic or permanent Seroma.
If the fluid is contaminated with bacteria then this can turn into a more serious condition.

You need to find a plastic surgeon to take care of this weather it's local or you fly back to your treating plastic surgeon.

It is ultimately your plastic surgeon's responsibility to take care of his or her own complications.

Unfortunately this is a situation where waiting can sometimes make things much worse.

This is one of the unfortunate downsides of medical tourism.

Sometimes people look for better prices or try to find a doctor with a certain reputation but don't take into consideration the complications do happen more frequently than they anticipate.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

If you have a seroma, then you likely need to have it aspirated so that is does not form a pseudobursa or get infected.

Need help after liposuction

Thanks for your inquiry and you do seem to have a seroma--fluid collection.  You do need to be evaluated as this may not resolve or even worsen.  Asl your primary care doctor if they can ask for a favor from a surgical colleague and be seen, good luck.  

Swelling vs fluid

From the photograph you appear to have a seroma. or fluid collection, but difficult to tell from a photo. You should probably find a Plastic surgeon, or someone who does liposuction and make an appointment to be seen.Good luck,

Water/serum in stomach; will it disappear?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph.  If the water you are describing is a discrete fluid collection it appears large enough that treatment is required to have it disappear. If the fluid is contained within your tissues as swelling, this can be minimized through the use of a compression garment and does not require additional treatment.  You do need to be evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon in order to have the correct diagnosis and treatment made.  Hope this helps.