Water/serum in stomach; will it disappear? (Photo)
Doctor Answers 7
Liposuction - severe seroma
- You have a severe seroma.
- It will not disappear if it is not removed - it will form a permanent collection.
- Ask your regular doctor if he can help find a plastic surgeon to treat you. If not -
- Please contact your surgeon in Istanbul to return to see her/him.
- You will need to stay a while since these need aspiration of the fluid every 2-3 days until the fluid stops absorbing.
Post Liposuction Irregularities, Seroma -- SEEK AN EXPERT
These need to be drained surgically.
Often they need to be drained but a frequent basis. Ideally every Day until the fluid stops forming. Sometimes a drain needs to be placed.
If not treated promptly they make develop into a chronic or permanent Seroma.
If the fluid is contaminated with bacteria then this can turn into a more serious condition.
You need to find a plastic surgeon to take care of this weather it's local or you fly back to your treating plastic surgeon.
It is ultimately your plastic surgeon's responsibility to take care of his or her own complications.
Unfortunately this is a situation where waiting can sometimes make things much worse.
This is one of the unfortunate downsides of medical tourism.
Sometimes people look for better prices or try to find a doctor with a certain reputation but don't take into consideration the complications do happen more frequently than they anticipate.
Mats Hagstrom M.D.
You might also like...
Need help after liposuction
Swelling vs fluid
Water/serum in stomach; will it disappear?
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.