Turkey neck/skin under jaw isn't tight. What to do? Don't understand why some suggest botox (Photos)

Hi i have been recommended botox for the area under the chin.. U don't understand since some also recommend ultherapy, which is tightening the muscles and skin. Botox would relax the bands and muscles, so this is opposite. I am confused how both things should work. Especially botox, if the problem for this area is lack of muscle tightness, which most doctors in here described as the main reason. Mm. Can anyone explain or suggest what to do? I'm 28, and Want a tight chin/neck

Neck Lift

Thank you for your question. Kybella is a phenomenal solution to addressing submental fullness due to submental fat in the neck and under the chin area. It is the only FDA-approved injectible that can remove the fat and improve the neck appearance. Please review the video below for additional details on the exact techniques utilized. Always consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. Best wishes,

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Double Chin Treatment / Laxity-- SmartLipo/VASER/ThermiRF, Botox, Venus Legacy, Kybella, CoolMini

this does best with liposuction combined with thermiRF but you can try kyella combined with botox, ultherapy/thermage.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Addressing the Neck

Thank you for your question.  The pictures you provided show that you have significant platysmal banding of the neck.  This is the muscle that stretches the neck while shaving and during certain facial expressions (like your last picture).  Botox would be a good option as this chemically relaxed the muscle.  This is a temporary effect and will likely require repeat injections every 4-6 months.  An important point that I make to patients is that neck lifting is limited to the underlying anatomy of the neck.  Your thyroid cartilage and hyoid bone will limit how far back your skin can be lifted, so the position of these structures plays a critical role.  In my opinion, Ulthera is a good therapy for subtle changes to the skin.  But I get the impression from your pictures that you will not appreciate any significant change from treatment and this will not be worth your time and money.  Hope this helps!
Dr. E

Waleed Ezzat, MD FACS
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neck liposuction

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for conservative neck liposuction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD