Difficult Tummy Tuck 16 days ago, can it be fixed in the next operation? (photos)

I Got a tummytuck 16 days ago and the doctor Said that my tummy where very difficult and he Will have to do it over 2 operations. What do you Think ? Can he make it ok after next operation . How Will you do it

Tissue excess following abdominoplasty

I think to achieve a better result from your abdominoplasty, further removal of tissue with a vertical incision would be best sometime in the future.  Did your plastic surgeon discuss this in combination with your initial procedure or was it intended to be performed 'staged', i.e. as a second surgery?  At only 16 days from the surgery, one would wish to wait for healing and swelling to resolve before consideration of the second procedure.  With good technique, the vertical incisional scar may be narrow and less evident than the tissue excess that you now have. Best!

Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck requiring 2 surgeries?

It is unclear exactly what occurred during your tummy tuck that makes it necessary that you need a second procedure. Perhaps your surgeon is planning on adding a vertical (up-and-down) incision to remove the excess skin in the middle of your abdomen. You should discuss this with your surgeon.

Difficult TT 16 days ago, can it be fixed in the next operation?

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry to hear of your tummy tuck issues.  Though the timing from surgery is not clear in your photographs you appear to have excess skin in your stomach from a "side-to-side" direction.  This can only be addressed with a vertical incision from the bottom of your breastbone to your current tummy tuck scar.  Staging procedures is not necessarily a bad idea, and a nice improvement can be obtained with a second resection.  Hope this helps.

Tummy tuck

Not sure why it could not be down in one operation? I assume he means a flier-de-lis procedure adding a vertical skin excision pattern.

Second TT

Thank you for your question. You have horizontal excess skin which can be removed at next surgery with floe-de-lee resection and that leaves vertical scar. Please discuss this with your physician