Is the Liposculpture with help of laser lipolysis as good as the normal Lipsculpture? (photos)

s the Liposculpture with help of laser lipolysis as good as the normal Lipsculpture? I got the offer of getting this done instead of liposculpture but I have no idea what is best for me?

Is the Liposculpture with help of laser lipolysis as good as the normal Lipsculpture?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Laser Liposculpture

Great question!  Three are four factors that determine your liposculpture results:  (1)  Technologies such as Smartlipo (Laser) and VASER help achieve better skin tightening results, an important part of liposculpture.  (2)  Techniques such as VASER Hi Def are proven and effective techniques to achieve a highly defined Liposculpture result.  (3)  Technician, meaning the surgeon, or plastic surgeon doing your surgery has a part in achieving your results and his or her training and experience can determine your results.  (4)  Training -- I generally recommend a surgeon that is trained in techniques such as superficial liposuction (For best skin tightening), artistic anatomy (Training here enhances the chances of achieving a natural result), and in VAER Hi Def training.

I find no use for laser lipolysis.  Tumescent liposuction give outstanding results when performed by a skilled professional.

It's the surgeon, not the equipment

I have seen more marketing spin when it comes to various forms of liposuction than any other procedure.

I have stated this many times before. If it was for me, I would rather take traditional liposuction in the hands of an expert than any form of the latest and greatest technology in the hands of someone less experienced.

I am fortunate in that I have the luxury of working with my favorite equipment. That consists of a combination of SmartLipo and Tickle Lipo. Basically, Tickle is the liposuction equipment, and SmartLipo is the laser made by Cynosure.

If compared side-by-side to the results, healing process and patient experience with traditional liposuction, I doubt anyone would notice a significant difference.

I have used this set of technology for well over 2,000 cases. My colleagues who also have great experience with body sculpture or liposuction more or less feel the same way. Some may feel the laser offers more benefit than others, but all agree that it's the liposuction that makes the procedure. The laser is simply at minor add-on.

As stated on RealSelf over and over, experience matters more than anything else.

I would venture to say those who advocate for technology and laser the most are either fascinated by equipment or simply masters of marketing.

Endless times I have patients come in to tell me how amazing the new technology for liposuction has become. "Really?" I say to myself.

With all of the advertising and spin, how is anyone to know what's real and what's not?

My suggestion is to find an experienced surgeon who gives honest answers.

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Is the Liposculpture with help of laser lipolysis as good as the normal Liposculpture?

I would search for the surgeon who you feel is most likely to give you the best results. Look at reviews and before and after pictures on that surgeon's website.

Laser lipolysis and traditional liposculpture

I offer laser lipolysis as well as traditional liposculpture. In my practice I have found that in areas that usually have some level of tissue laxity incorporating the laser to stimulate some new collagen production and tighten the skin, one can have meaningful results (like the neck, posterior arms, abdomen; where there is some tissue laxity).

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposculpture | Liposuction | Liposhaping

Both types of liposuction in skilled hands and on the right patient can lead to excellent results.

To be sure what applies to you, see two or more experienced, board-certified Plastic Surgeons for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Liposuction versus liposculpture

What matters when it comes to liposuction or body contouring is who is doing your procedure, not the device it self.  You want someone who contours and shapes, even uses the fat to lift other areas.  Localized fat reduction is not contouring, and you should be evaluated by someone who specializes in shaping of the body not just solely fat removal.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposculpture with or without Laser

As I have said before, Liposuction (Liposculpture) is operator dependent, not technique dependent. Do not concentrate on the technique used, but on the qualifications of the surgeon. Make sure whomever you choose has been doing liposuction for many years and has excellent results over that time. Also make sure that if you are having any significant fat removed that you have the procedure in an accredited facility.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

In my practice I offer SmartLipo Triplex with clean out with small cannulae lipo. Maybe this is what you are having? Best to discuss this with the chosen surgeon...