Results liposuction gynecomastia? (photos)

I am a 40 year old male. Before taking the the operation I consulted Teo doctors in the same clinic (in Scandinavia) who both suggested liposuction. I had surgery done 8 month ago. I am not happy with the result. My right chest is bigger than the left one, and I am afraid that I should Also should have had a gladular removement. In my right chest I Can feel some hard bulps - but it is not situated beneath the nipple but more in the surrounding areas. What is your opinion?

Asymmetry Post Gynecomastia Liposuction

Asymmetry during the healing process is not at all uncommon after any breast surgery. Also, your incisions will go through a maturation #process following #Gynecomastia #surgery. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. 
Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Liposuction and excision for gynecomastia

Treatment of gynecomastia almost always involves fat and glandular tissue and often loose skin.  The fat can be removed with liposuction ( I prefer VASER and SmartLipo together because that will help the skin to contract the most), and the glandular tissue can be excised through the same periareolar incision.  It's very important that all of these are addressed.  The hard bumps you are feeling (not under the nipple) may be the result of remnants from the liposuction.  
Hope that helps

Joshua Korman, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction for Gynecomastia

Hi npj,

Thanks for the post and photos.  True gynecomastia is due to excessive glandular tissue which is very difficult to remove with liposuction alone. The most predictable and precise way to remove glandular tissue is through excision. You are far enough out from surgery to be evaluated for a revision procedure. As for the hard lumps you feel, that could be scar tissue, fatty tissue, or glanduar tissue. If it was not there before the surgery, it is most likely scar tissue.

Sincerely,

Dr. Dadvand

Babak Dadvand, MD

Need gland excision

Lipo sucks out fat not glandular tissue.  gynecomastia is glandular tissue.  You need it excised.

Tim Neavin, MD

Gynecomastia

Provided there is no significant swelling (By physical examination), would consider another surgery with excision of the gland and some liposuction