Nipple areola swelling. 6 days post. (photos)

Does this look normal? Think it is very... Out there. Is it swelling?

Nipple areola swelling. 6 days post.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures.At the first 3 to 5 months, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, feel swollen and also have bruises and open wounds, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 to 4 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support…

Yes everything looks as it should. You are very early postop. I usually recommend garments at this stage but I would check with your PS. The swelling will settle.

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Nipple areola swelling. 6 days post.

Thank you for your photos. It is a pleasure to answer your question. You are very early on your recovery process. At 6 days post op it is quite normal that your nipple area is swollen after a breast lift. It will diminish with time. I recommend patience and follow up with your surgeon. Hope this helps. Good luck. 

Carlos Recio, MD
Cali Plastic Surgeon

Nipple areola swelling. 6 days post.

Nipple areola swelling is quite common after a breast lift,Compressive dressings ,and massage will help it subsidr

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

You are too early in the post-op period.  It is likely due to swelling. Be patient and give it time to subside.

Nipple swelling

Your surgeon used a lift technique where the early skin tension is high and the nipple has no tension, so swelling is seen here. This is a good technique to protect the nipple and for it to not stretch out in the future. The swelling will disappear in a few days. You are going to have a great result. Good luck.

Nipple areola swelling is this normal?

Thank you for your question and photos.  Without more information is is not possible to accurately make an assessment.  One would expect some swelling after a breast procedure depending upon what type of procedure was done.  Some procedures will have minimal swelling, others significant swelling.  I would recommend you contact your surgeon for evaluation and comment.  Good luck. 

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon