Does it matter which brand my implants are?

Before my surgery, my doctor said he is using Eurosilicone implants. I was glad to hear that, because Eurosilicone is considered to be a very trusted and top quality brand in Europe. However, after my surgery, it turned out my implants are'BellaGel', from Korea. That is not what we agreed on, but my doctor said they are the same quality.. It has been 9 months and my boobs feel REALLY fake. (hard, not flexible, stiff). I wonder if it is because the quality of the implants or is it just my body?

Implants

The brands you mentioned are illegal to be used in the US. You should be concerned about the ethical values of your surgeon and where else in the process he/she cut corners. None of them have proven themselves to meet the stringent US standards for safety and efficacy.

Implants

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Implant Brands

All of the American implant manufacturers make high quality products.  They are all FDA approved and are good devices.  So, really it is a matter of personal preference as to which brand the surgeon (and his patient) prefers.

Implant Brands

The question is, does it matter which brand breast implant you have? The the answer is, probably not, providing you use either Mentor, Allergan, or Sientra, the only implants that are legal to use in the USA and approved by the FDA.

The Eurosilicone implants that were promised to you and those from Korea that you received are illegal to use in the USA. This makes me wonder if you went to a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery for your procedure. It also makes me wonder what other shortcuts your surgeon used. I cannot imagine why a plastic surgeorn would use implant not approved by the FDA. Were they less expensive for our surgeon to purchase?

My suggestion is to seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to get a qualified answer to your questions. Best of luck to you.

Implants

Choosing a size is all about a healthy conversation between you and your plastic surgeon. Anatomy and the size of your breast "footprint" or dimensions of your chest can help pick an implant. The thickness of the overlying breast is also an important factor in implant selection. Different implants have different projection and this varies by manufacturer even in Europe. Picking the right implant for you depends on a number of factors and talking about this in consultation is the best way to go. Good luck, MMT

Implants

Breast Implant Brands

Hello and thank you for your question.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your breast implants.  
In the US you have three legal choices for FDA-approved breast implant brands:  Allergan (Natrelle), Mentor and Sientra.  That FDA stamp of approval is highly regarded because it requires adherence to very strict standards to receive.  I would be extremely wary of a surgeon in the US who uses the brands you mentioned, because they are illegal in this country and this decision is probably and indication of their overall ethics and values.

Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who has a lot of experience with breast augmentation to determine what your next steps should be.  Some will have preferences between the 3 brands based on their personal experience, but either way you'll have the assurance of knowing an FDA-approved device is being used for your procedure.

Best of luck to you!

Breast Implant Brands

Hello and thank you for your question.

Best of luck to you!

Breast Implant Brands

In the US, there are 3 companies with FDA approved implants - Allegan, Mentor, and Sientra.  Many surgeons have their own preferences with regards to which of these brands they use.

Breast Implant Brands

Type of implant

There are only a few manufacturers approved by the FDA for use in the United States.  While I often think of them as very similar - surgeons have preferences regarding which they use.  You should not have an implant placed that is not approved for use in this country.

Type of implant

Thank you for your question and I am sorry that your results have not been what you anticipated. In the US there are only three implant manufacturers - Sientra, Allergan, and Mentor.  Only their implants are implantable.  I would voice your concerns to your surgeon and research what implants are approved in Denmark. Your results can then be reviewed and a decision made on the best treatment options. 

One question, Where did you have your surgery

If your surgery was done in the USA your implants were illegally imported into your doctors office. Plain and simple.  I know nothing about the implants you used as they are not approved for use in the US.  I have no idea the sterility of these implants, or whether they were used previously in another.  Was your surgery done by a board certified plastic surgeon or by a weekend trained doctor working cheap. You might want to seek legal advice if that doesn't work, but I would certainly report the doctor to the FDA and Board of Medicine in your state.  I would go back to your doctor if the surgery was done here and demand a refund, then use that money to go to a reputable plastic surgeon who uses implants made by Mentor, Allergan or Sientra - the only companies authorized to sell implants in the USA.  Good luck, Dr. Schuster in Boca Raton.

Eurosilicone and BellaGel Implants

Sorry to hear about your issues and hard breasts.  From what I understand about the FDA rules, a physician cannot implant any products that are not approved by the FDA.  In other words, no matter how good the Eurosilicone or BellaGel implants may be, your doctor should not have used them. You may want to seek legal advice on this since I am not the expert.  Your breasts are probably hard because you have capsular contractures.  

Eurosilicone and BellaGel Implants