Liposuction recovery: I'm still tender as expected, but I was under the impression the swelling would be mostly gone by now.

I had liposuction done on the 1st of June. I had vaser LS done on hips, flanks, abdomen, middle back and chin, and bodytite on thighs and upper arms. I was under the impression, that the swelling would be mostly gone by now. And it is not. I also still have lumps and hardness in the hip area. Is this normal? Thank you for your time.

Liposuction Recovery Takes Longer Than You'd Think

Good question. As of now you are only 3 weeks out from surgery. Absolutely, without a doubt swelling is normal in this time period and even up to 1 year. Keep your garments on as directed by your surgeon. You'll continue to see improvement at the 6-week mark, 3-month mark, and 1-year mark! Keep in close touch with your surgeon. You paid him/her for not only your surgery, but for taking care of you afterward! Hang in there! Your appearance will continue to improve!

Sacramento Physician

Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Velashape or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

It takes weeks to months see the results of liposuction and swelling can last for months. Massage, RF treatments and hyperbaric oxygen will drastically reduce swelling. Follow up with your physician for any other post-operative concerns. Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction Recovery

Yes this is normal. Every patient will recover differently and at different rates. Swelling can last for a few months, so be patient and give it some time. Massages and wearing your compression garment is important for optimal healing. Follow ups with your surgeon is essential as well to assure proper recovery, he may advise on some radio frequency treatments for skin tightness and swelling reduction as well. Best of Luck!