Hi. My lower lip is somehow missing a lot of volume and that bothers me a lot. Is it my muscle pulling up my lip? (photos)

Lipstick and gloss does not look good on that lip at all :-( I have tried Filorga in my lips and that did not help where the "volume" is missing. It only caused a huge lump of filler. Can Botox help anything?

Lower Lip and Volume

You can add volume to the lower lip through Juvederm or Restylane and that should complete the cosmetic look that you want.  Be certain to consult an expert. Best, Dr. Green

HA Filler

I am sorry to hear that you had difficulties with Filorga, but in your case I would not recommend a cosmetic topical product. I would suggest you look into having an injection of Restalyn or Juvederm to give your bottom lip the missing volume that you are looking to have. 

Make sure when you are scheduling an appointment to have it done with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and his or her Nurse Injector or Master Aesthetician. I wish you the best of luck!

J. Dayne Petersen, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Hi. My lower lip is somehow missing a lot of volume and that bothers me a lot. Is it my muscle pulling up my lip?

Thank you for your question and photographs.  In general the best treatment to add volume to the lower lip is the use of fillers such as Juvederm.  This safely produces a reliable and predictable increase in lip size and I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon for treatment.