Do i really need a lift? (photos)

In a couple of months i'm due to have a breast lift + augmentation. As it is now: 400 ml submuscular. My question is; could i have a good resultat without the lift when you see my pictures? And would it be possible to go through the areola-area and reduce that a bit while putting implant through there? Also, would you recommend two different sizes of implants for each breast to correct uneven size? Hope my question makes sence. Regards and thanks

Thank you for the photos and the questions and reducing the areola is a circumareola lift and two different sized implants placed in a dual plane should correct volume differences.

Dr. Corbin 

Do i really need a lift?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively.By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, hugs!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Do i really need a lift?

From your photos that you furnished, it appears that your nipples are above your inframammary crease, and they do not point downward.. If this is the case, you probably do not need a mastopexy (breast lift). The implants alone should be fine.

Regarding the asymmetry, I would suggest using a slightly larger implant on your right side, maybe 25 to 50 mL larger. As I'm sure you know, you will not be perfectly symmetrical, but should be very close.

Your plastic surgeon will be able to determine this more accurately during his physical examination. Best of luck to you. I expect you will be elated with the result.

Do i really need a lift?

Many questions indicates your not completely understanding the planned operation. Until you do I would seek other in person opinions. Yes you need a lift and different sized implants in my over the internet opinion... 

Breast augmentation and lift candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection (the lift): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 350-400ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.
Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Lift plus implants

From your photos it appears that you would benefit from both a lift as well as breast implants. There are different lift techniques all that involve areolar reduction. Often the lollipop or anchor techniques are more durable and long lasting. Good luck. 

Gaurav Bharti, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Lift or not

You could reduce your areolar size and use that incision to put the impalnts in.Another consideration would be to suction some fat say from your abdomen and add fat along the top of your breast and along your sternum.I call this a composite aug.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Do I really need a lift?

Yes, from your photos, I believe you would be best served by having both a breast augmentation and a breast lift.  There are different types of breast lift  - Donut (Benelli), Lollipop (vertical), or Anchor (Wise pattern) - each has its advantages and disadvantages.  The donut lift results in the fewest scars (just around the areola), but also gives the least amount of lift.  The anchor lift results in the greatest lift but with the most scars (an anchor pattern).  Discuss thee options with your surgeon.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Lift with or without implants.

Sorry that you are confused. Perhaps I can help.
#1 If you do not like the shape of your breasts or areola then you need a breast lift or a reshaping of some kind.
#2 Breast implants do not correct saggy breasts. Implants just make your breasts larger. Small saggy breasts become large saggy breasts.
#3 Important to you! Breast implants placed into a submuscular position will stay
cradled and supported under the pectoralis chest muscle. If  your breasts are prone to
ptosis or sagginess they can fall off of this pectoralis/implant hill and result in a "double bubble" deformity. These are logical results yet complicated to understand. There is no
magic, make sure that it makes sense between you and your doctor.   

Robert E. Zaworski, MD