Labiaplasty 4 weeks post-op. Does it look ok? (photos)

I had labiaplasty and clitorial hood reduction 4 weeks ago and I wonder if it looks okey? I am still very sore and both my labia and clit is very hard, is that normal? I also have alot of bumps, when will that go down? My right side is alot bigger than the left, will they look the same when healed?

4 weeks pos top

Dear Enem:

Honestly it looks fine... Let the swelling subside and overall this is the appearance most women want....(based upon 20 years of cosmetic surgical experience)..

John R Miklos MD

Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai

Labiaplasty

You are still a little swelling. Once the swelling subsides you will have a very nice result.  If you are unhappy with the results after 5 months please be sure to seek out the opinion of a board certified plastic surgeon  who specializes in Labiaplasty procedures. 

Labiaplasty 4 weeks postop. Does it look okay?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs. Your incisions appear to be healing well and there are no signs of active infection.  At four weeks you will still have swelling affecting the size of your labia and I would recommend allowing at least 2-4 weeks to pass before assessing your long term results.  Hope this helps.

Labiaplasty healing status 4 weeks out

At 4 weeks, suture material is usually starting to dissolve causing bumps, irritation and swelling depending upon the type of sutures and the style of suturing. This should resolve in a few weeks and the appearance should improve.

Looks fine.

From your history and photos it seems you are healing just as expected. Please check back with your surgeon. 

Ram Kalus, MD
Mount Pleasant Plastic Surgeon