Lower facelift recovery for a younger person?

I'm 47,5 years and I'm having a lower FL. Is recovery easier for me than for a60 year old woman? I know every individual is different but generally speaking?

Lower facelift recovery

The recovery from a lower facelift depends more upon surgical technique  and the surgeon performing the procedure, not upon  the age of the patient. Anticipate 2 weeks of bruising and swelling after the procedure at age 47 or at age 60.

Recovery after Lower Face Lift

You would think that you would have an easier recovery than a person 20 years older, but I have to tell you that is not the case. It always amazes me how patients in older age groups doing amazingly well after plastic surgery. Recovery has nothing to do with age. As long as you are healthy, motivated, compliant, and have a good attitude, a person of any age can recovery quickly and easily. The good news is, that a younger person will have a better, more natural, and longer lasting result than someone older because your skin tone is better and there is not as much loose skin to deal with than someone considerably older than you.

Lower Facelift Recovery

The lower facelift procedure I have pioneered means this technique enables to minimise bruising and reduce down time.  Recovery in patients vary depending on their healing, but we expect that you can get back to your activities of daily living within a few days to a week.

All the Best 

Facelift Recovery and Healing

Throughout the #facelift #healing process you should be seen frequently by your doctor and one of their registered nurses to ensure you are following instructions properly and your recovery is going well. The healing process in general can take up to one month for the majority of swelling to subside, incisions to close, sutures to come out, and for bruising to completely go away.
#Recovery time from a #facelift varies from person to person, but patients can generally expect to be presentable within three weeks from surgery. Patients should expect swelling, bruising, and discoloration of the skin during this phase of recovery (swelling normally goes down after 48 hours; most bruising will go away within two weeks). The marks from a facelift can easily hidden with “camouflage” make-up which you can learn how to apply.
The scars from a facelift mature within six to twelve months from the surgery date. It is during this time that the rejuvenating effects of the facelift will become apparent and the real result will be seen.
If you have certain concerns about the procedures and #healing process, it is recommended to call your board-certified surgeon or their medical staff and discuss those #concerns.

Lower Facelift Recovery

Recovery from lower facelift is very similar for someone in their 40's versus someone in their 60's.

To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Are you healthy?

Patients in good health recover well after facelift, or rhytidectomy surgery. Medical problems such as diabetes and habits such as smoking can affect healing.  A pre-operative medical exam, healthy diet, and medical-grade skin care regimen will all contribute to better healing post-surgery.  Age is less relevant. 

Marisa Lawrence, MD

If you are fit and are cleared for surgery, your recovery should be fairly easy!  Patients are always amazed at how easy the recovery is.  Best!

Not really.  As long as the patient is in good health, and follows post operative instruction, they should expect a good recovery regardless of the age.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD