What is the Most durable procedure to lift the brows up? (photos)

I would like to lift up my brows, but I would like to find a permanent solution. I am 35 years old, my forehead is perfect, no wrinkles at all, neither crow’s feet around my eyes nor sagging upper eyelids, well maybe a little bit?... (I got a upper lid correction 2 moths ago) The only thing I need to complete the perfect look I am looking for is a brow lift but with permanent results.

Long lasting Brow lift

There are several ways to raise brows. None of them are permanent as we cannot stop the aging process. Gravity and movement of the forehead will eventually pull them down.
I would consider an endoscopic lift. 

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

The most permanent solution to a brow lift would be a brow lift. I personally find the subcutaneous technique the most durable aa well as accurate. However, your brow seems to be in a good position from viewing your photos. Remember that if your brow is lifted too much, you will look permanently surprised.

With that said, nothing is permanent. Brows, noses, cheeks, necks, arms, and everything sags with age if you are lucky enough to live to an old age.

You really need to visit a certified PS for a personal examination, measurements, and an evaluation. Best of luck to you.

Brow Lift for Permanent Results

Thank you for your question about Brow Lift.

A modified endoscopic brow lift with more focus laterally than centrally can give excellent long term results when done correctly, especially for someone who is 35.

Results should last 10-15 years.

To be sure, see two or more experienced, board-certified Plastic Surgeons in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Best option for browlift

Thank you for your question and for posting photos. I prefer an endoscopic browlift, as this will give great results with minimal scars. The incisions are placed in the hair, which results in cars that are essentially not visible after surgery. I recommend you wait a few months after your upper lid surgery to allow full healing. Keep in mind that all browlift results will diminish over time as the aging process continues and tissues drop due to volume loss and loosening of the fibrous/muscular structures. I recommend you schedule consultation with a board certified facial plastic surgeon, oculoplastic surgeon, or plastic surgeon who is experienced in browlift. Best of luck!

Josh Surowitz, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dear chiktina, An in office examination would be needed to determine candidacy for a browlift procedure. In my practice and especially in younger girls your age I prefer to perform and endoscopic browlift. In my opinion an endoscopic browlift approach leaves no tell tale signs of surgery while providing a very nice result that gives the patient a youthful appearance. When I perform an endoscopic browlift I undermine down below the malar region through five small incisions hidden in the hairline. The entire facial unit of skin, muscle and soft tissue is lifted both upward and laterally. Most patients state that they "look like they used to" prior to the beginning signs of the aging process. There is minimal downtime and a very favorable procedure for patients your age. In my practice all six of my female office staff have had this procedure performed and they range in age from 31 to 45. The video above shows an example as well as multiple examples of before and afters in the link below. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Most Durable Brow Lift Procedure

Please be careful!!  If there is not some excess upper eyelid skin the patient may not be able to completely close their eyes after a brow lift which may cause severe problems such as chronic dry eyes. This may be a concern because you had  upper eyelid skin removed just 2 months ago. When a patient wants or needs both procedures I will do the brow lift first or at the same time as I do the upper eyelid surgery.

What is the Most durable procedure to lift the brows up?

Hi, I have performed many Brow Lifts and Eyelid Surgeries over the past 30 years. From the photos, your eyebrows do appear to be low. During your consultation, the surgeons should stand behind you as you look into a mirror and elevate your eyebrows into their proper aesthetic position as outlined in my book on face and body beauty. When this is done there are three possible outcomes that decide what should be considered, Brow Lift, Eyelid Surgery, or a combination of both.

1. All the excess upper eyelid fullness is gone when the brows are elevated to their proper aesthetic position. This means all the laxity is due to the low eyebrows and a Brow Lift is recommended alone. Should upper eyelid skin be removed in this scenario, the eyebrows will be pulled down further as the incision is closed, which should be avoided.
  2. None of the upper eyelid fullness is reduced. This means that the eyebrows are in the proper aesthetic position and all the fullness is due to excess upper eyelid skin and an Upper eyelid surgery alone is recommended.
  3. The most common in women over 50 years of age is when the brows are lifted, some but not all of the upper eyelid fullness is removed. This means the eyebrows are low and there is excess upper eyelid skin. For complete upper eyelid rejuvenation both a Brow Lift and upper eyelid surgery is required. If only a Brow Lift is performed some but not all of the upper eyelid fullness is reduced. If an upper eyelid surgery alone is considered, only the remaining amount of excess upper eyelid fullness shown with this maneuver can be removed. If more is removed, the eyebrows will be pulled downward. Hope this helps.
The Coronal Brow Lift remains the "gold standard" for Brow Lifts providing longer lasting results and an increased ability to raise the eyebrows than an Endoscopic Brow Lift that relies on some form of brow suspension technique.

Hope this helps.

Most durable brow lift procedure

At 35 years old and having seen your pictures, you may consider many brow lifting alternatives.  Any small incision is what I recommend.  I would also, consider your upper eyelids too.  I I know you recently underwent an upper eyelid.  The type of brow lift is what your operating surgeons feels he can accomplish best.  Some require multiple small and or extensive long incisions.  In your case I personally would opt for smaller incisions

Your brows have some asymmetry, note this to your operating surgeon.

Remember, your changes are minimal, take the time to consider waiting or even Botox.

Brow lifts may offer permanent results that you may or may not like.  Try not looking for the "perfect look", this is varies individually.

Ernest Robinson, MD
Aliso Viejo Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brow lift not necessary

From the limited photographs, the eyebrow position is normal, therefore a browlift is not required. Elevating these brows with a brow lift will give a permanent surprised look.  Best to leave well enough alone. For many examples of brow lifting for low set eyebrows, please see the link and the video below

Open surgical forehead lift but is a real surgery with scars! Maybe you should reconsider the word permanent!?