8 weeks post op Tummy Tuck, is this bump/fat? (photos)

I am 8 weeks post. I notice a bump just above the scarline. Is it fat or fluids or just swelling? My ps says it will go away over time. I would like to know your experiences with this issue, as i hear other girls complaining over this. I am affraid that i wont be totally flad. If it wont dissapear - what are my options to treat it and make it flat? Thanks in advance.

#abdominoplasty #plasticsurgery #Tummytuck

Hello newboobs, Congratulations on your recent surgery and thank you for sharing your question about your post operative recovery and results after your surgery.  Final results can take up to six months for all the swelling to subside.  At our office here at CARE we actually see all of our surgery patients the very next day after surgery and then again at two weeks and beyond. We enjoy staying closely connected to our patients and enjoy giving the extra attention and service.  Your concerns are important to discuss directly with your board certified plastic surgeon.  He or she will appreciate the open communication and will want to help you. I hope this is helpful and wish you all the very best.  Sincerely, Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS
CARE Plastic Surgery

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

2 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
At this point (2 months post-po) the swelling have to be minimal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

8 weeks post op Tummy Tuck, is this bump/fat?

Only being 8 weeks post op, what you are seeing is more than likely additional swelling. Swelling post tummy tuck can linger 6 months to a year. You just have to be patient, wear your compression garment, and follow all of your surgeons post op instructions and appointments. 

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

TummyTuck Healing

Thanks for your question and pictures. Although you will see a great improvement after 8 weeks, your abdomen is still healing. In my experience, It can take 6 to 8 months for the your final result. It is best to wait until the swelling is gone to determine what options you have. In many instances, a minor procedure such as liposuction can resolve the issue. I would recommend that you discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon, and give the healing process a little more time. 

At this point, eight weeks post op, it is most likely that you are still experiencing significant swelling just above the incision line. I would tend to agree with your plastic surgeon. My best advice: patience.  Evaluate the outcome of the procedure one year after it was performed. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with long-term.

Bump in lower belly 8 weeks after tummy tuck.

Hello and thank you for your question.  It is still fairly early in your postoperative period, but you should certainly start to see any swelling starting to resolve at this point.  I do see a small area of fullness below your belly button.  Did you have liposuction of your abdomen along with your tummy tuck?  If you did NOT, then there is a possibility that this bump might indeed be some excess fat that was not addressed at the time of your tummy tuck.  

Keep your surgeon informed.  He or she will be able to comment on this much better than we can.  If it is indeed fat, you might need a liposuction touch up or even turn to a noninvasive therapy such as UltraShape or CoolSculpt to flatten things out.

You should also be wearing a compression garment faithfully.  If this is just swelling, then it will help make it go away.  Best of luck!

Bump in tummy wall after tummy tuck

Thid likely will go with time.   It could be just edema that slowly  resolves.  Dont worry about it at this early date.   Show it to your plastic surgeon and see what he says at 8 weeks.    My Best,  Dr Commons