Do i really need a big arm lift? Could I benefit from liposuction or a small arm lift? (Photo)

Of course i would prefere lipo or small armlift to minimize scaring. But is it an option or do i really need a big arm lidt to get rid of my big upper arms?

Arm lift vs. lipo

It looks like you would be a good candidate for smartlipo instead of arm lift.  You appear to have good skin quality that should tighten up well without the need of skin excision.  I have a strong preference for smartlipo over traditional lipo when dealing with the arms.  I feel that the laser provides some additional skin tightening that is important when treating the arms.

Wichita Plastic Surgeon

Arm lift or liposuction

From your photographs, it seems you may benefit a moderate amount from just liposuction. This depends on your skin quality and other factors. You really need a good examination from a board-certified plastic surgeon to carefully explain what the expectations are in this case.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Armlift - liposuction

thank you for posting your pictures. from looking at your pictures, it seems that you are young and have a good skin turgor. in this case liposuction alone most likely with give you the desired result. in case there is skin laxity, the skin can be removed in addtion by just performing an incision within your armpit, therefore the incision is hidden and no vertical scar running along your upper arm will be notable. both procedures will require a compression garment for several weeks. something to think about, when you are making your decision about the timing of your of luck!
kind regards

Bianca Knoll, MD
Frankfurt Plastic Surgeon

Arm Lift

Thanks for sharing your photos.  I would do liposuction on your arms and avoid the scar associated with an arm lift.  Take care!Timothy A. Janiga MD, FACS

Liposuction or long scar armlift?

Thank you for asking about your arm liposuction.
  • An excellent question -
  • I agree with you that a long scar arm lift is not your best choice.
  • A small cannula liposuction right around the arm should be all you need.
  • After surgery, do light weights 3 x a week for the biceps and triceps to tone and muscle and get your best result.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Do i really need a big arm lift? Could I benefit from liposuction or a small arm lift?

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos, it appears that you would benefit from liposuction alone.  No need for an arm lift with its long scar.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Arm liposuction provides good contouring

Hi, I just added a link that might be helpful

Hi, thanks for sharing photos.  You appear to be a good candidate for liposuction of the arms.  There are technologies, like VASER, done at the time of liposuction that help enhance skin retraction.  By the way, it is normal to have some excess skin with our arms down--this permits overhead or backwards reach.  Be sure to see an ABPS certified PS for a full examination, as suggestions might change accordingly.  Best wishes,

Hello, thank you for your question. Based upon your pictures I do believe you may benefit from liposuction alone. It is difficult without an in person consultation to gauge the quality of the skin. I would recommend you seek out a qualified board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss some options. Best of luck.

John J. O'Brien, Jr., MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Arm lift vs lipo

You should consider lipo using laser to make your skin go tighter, right now it doesnt look like you need an arm lift; please consult in person with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Australia Fragoso-Baez, MD

You should only get liposuction

Do not do any arm lift.  You only need liposuction of your arms.  Thus you will achieve your goal without visible scars on your arms.

Vasdev Rai, MD