Options for repairing umbilical hernia? I have had four surgeries the last being an open surgery to repair a hernia (Photo)

My last surgery was in January 2016 at the Cleveland Clinic and felt it pop in April. I have had a cat scan to confirm but haven't called surgeon again. I'm tired of all this. I want to know if I can have a surgery similar to a bi pass to remove the problem area? Also have an apron that causes much pain. Is it possible to do something about both of these problems at the same time?

Options for repairing umbilical hernia?

Four surgeries to correct one problem.  I would be frustrated as well.  However the question here is why the repairs have failed.  That is unusual for a straightforward umbilical hernia.  So what is going on in your case that makes this so different?  No internet consultation will be able to give you that answer.  A careful consideration of your history and a thorough exam can are needed.  So I would go back to your surgeon at Cleveland Clinic.  And it is probably not a good idea to combine a complex hernia repair with a panniculectomy/tummy tuck.  Good luck.

Charleston Plastic Surgeon